We returned to EPM for our 5th visit but also to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary having married here in 2008. The reason we return is simple, we have found something that works for us and we would find it hard to replicate anywhere else. In the past we have been looked after fantastically well and this occasion was no different, in fact, it even surpassed everything from before. This review is not one sided as some may feel as the number of repeat guests we see or speak to over a few beers in the pool is testament to something being done well
The management team, led by the tireless Virginia Amador, have a very hands on approach to management, never hiding away in an office but walking amongst the guests constantly gauging opinion making a very visible presence.
Nothing stands still at EPM and the team are always making changes and improvements which to me is another plus point. The one thing that is constant is the excellent staff that really make this resort a home from home and I will be naming a few of those that truly went the extra mile for us. Whilst these guys are a credit that does not detract from the hundreds of others that work tirelessly to provide a fantastic vacation for everyone.
Whilst we do not generally take part in many of the activities we did do the wine tasting which was hosted by Martin, the sommelier. This was a superb event providing us the opportunity to taste some excellent Mexican wines and his knowledge is very comprehensive. We also took the catamaran across to the island which is something that I would really recommend. The trip out, the hiring of the golf buggy was seamless but the real experience came on the trip back where we were lucky enough to see the turtles we were looking for but a large pod of dolphins who decided the catamaran was their plaything for a while. Liam, the aussie skipper extended the trip so we could enjoy the true way to see dolphins, the way nature intended.
Generally, the food is of a very good standard and each restaurant is unique but for us there are two that merit a special mention. Both the Flavour Market (FM) and Basmati were our stand out restaurants as the staff made each visit a really memorable experience. Our sincere thanks go to the captains in both, with Ivan (FM) and Oscar (Basmati) the most attentive and excellent waiters and Sara (FM) and Jessica (Basmati) the most welcoming hostesses. A special mention to the young chef in the Flavour market who cooked a special tuna dish for us one night, that guy has a real future
As previously mentioned the reason for our visit was to celebrate our anniversary. This was really memorable. We were treated to a surprise meal by the team. A table had been set up in the wedding pagoda with a red carpet, red curtains and the large red chairs from Barcelona, the meal and the occasion was totally unexpected but something we will never forget
I would like to make a few special mentions and I make no apology for repeating some of the names who others have lauded as these guys do provide excellent customer service
The Excellence Club staff led by Dalel for making us feel special. The club pool concierge team for looking after us everyday, Carolina, Mariana, Lidia, Manuel and Paul and a special mention for Adan, the incomparable barman.
There are many visitors that have mentioned Cesar in the Martini Bar but when you see this guy in action, you can see why, a true star. He is well supported by Gustavo and Heydi, who has a great smile
The hostesses at Toscana at both breakfast and Lunch, Gloria and Jacqueline are really welcoming and Wilberth who served us throughout our visit. One last mention is for Luis in Agave who introduced me to the delights of a Tamarind Margarita
One thing to close on is a special thank you to Vilma, for everything
We will be returning in December, a booking with Blue Bay Travel already done
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Agoda, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun