Just returned from EPM, our second trip- last year being Excellence Riviera.
There were no suprises, as we anticipated. Excellence has the formulae down pact
and is consistent in providing a memorable stay.
Service, at every level is absolutely top notch, all the staff are to be commended for
their attitude and most friendly approach. Alberto, at the front desk, will ensure
you are happy with your accomodation.
Again, not having to make restaurant reservations is another big plus. Never spent
more than thirty minutes at the Martini Bar waiting for our table.
Clientele- observed a varied mix of people, and it was obvious the Brits are making
this a favourite destination. It's an eleven flight from the UK to Cancun, fives time
longer than going to Europe- so this gives you an idea on the All Inclusive level of
experience which I believe Mexico is setting the highest standard in the world.
We met one couple from the UK that were staying there for the tenth time.
(No, the resort does not upgrade on loyalty, not their policy).
However, even with all the best testimonials on Excellence there is one aspect
that does disappoint: the beach. Not the resorts fault, it's a fight between
Mother Nature. All the resorts facing east on the entire Riviera face a windward prevailing
wind. As a result the seaweed is virtually uncontrolable, and most days it was
two metres wide at waters' edge. I did not see one person in the ocean all week.
So, be warned, if you love to swim in the ocean, as we do, resorts in this area, most
months of the year, have this problem. Quieter spots can be found, pool side, in several
areas. The younger crowd in the main pool, most afternoons, are well into the tequila etc.
But this is a standard all AL resorts have.
Overall, hard to beat for value for money. No suprise Trip Advisor published last
week the Top Ten All Inclusives in the WORLD, and EPM was number five!
And five others of the ten are also in Mexico.
So, there you have it. If you go, please, please tip. It's only a few dollars a day,
and, heaven knows, all these great employess deserve it.
Ajijic. Jalisco, MX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun