Another wonderful time at EPM! This was our third time at this beautiful, peaceful resort, but will definitely not be our last. We booked a two week stay this time and enjoyed great weather for all but one day, when it rained for the entire day. However, the staff added fun activities in the main building, which helped to entertain everyone who went there.
As always, the staff was top-notch, as was the food, drinks, pools, and gym. My husband and I especially enjoyed the Flavor Market (tapas bar) and Basmati (Indian, which has gotten even better since our last stay here). Cafe Kaffe serves all types of custom coffee drinks, which we also appreciated. We took advantage of the live entertainment each evening, and particularly enjoyed Havana's Band and local singer Claudia Trevino, as well as the theater productions of Michael Jackson Evolution and Madonna. The grounds are beautiful and well-kept; the entire resort is very clean and attractive.
It is our understanding that only the main pool - where the pool bar is located - is heated during cooler months. The other pools were chilly until mid-afternoon. There was only one jacuzzi that could be described as warm. There was always covered seating available, although perhaps not in the location that you wanted.
Although not necessary, we tip the maid, pool service, and waiters. These people give consistently exceptional, friendly service. It doesn't take a lot of money; we take a few hundred dollars in 1s and 5s. Think about it - you tip at home, often for service that is less than stellar - so why not here?
The only complaint that we had was definitely not the fault of the hotel. THIS IS A PEACEFUL, RELAXING, ADULTS-ONLY RESORT. A few of the guests, for some unknown reason, seemed to think that they were at a "party hearty" fraternity house or in Ocean City, MD/Virginia Beach. Not so. If your idea of a good time is to behave like a drunken idiot, please book a room in the Cancun Hotel Zone. Your rights end where everyone else's begin. If you think differently, you will have EPM security at your door with the information that either your behavior improves or you will removed from the premises. We've seen it happen...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun