This is truly a wonderful hotel and we just keep on going back.......
We spent a cheeky week here in November 2013 which was our 10th visit to the hotel since it opened.
Virginia and her team go above and beyond to always make our stays very special, we know most of the staff as friends now and they all look after us as they do with every guest.
We travelled with Thomas Cook, really not recommended as they treat you like cattle. We were tricked at the airport into upgrading into premium economy but when we got on the plane we were informed that we had just upgraded our seats as they no longer have a premium cabin service. Don't even get me started about our flight back as a passenger had an accident and every one from around her moved into these seats free of charge and then she and her husband also moved in. Thomas cook airlines are terrible.
We arrived at the hotel and were given a free upgrade into our second favourite room 4401, the room had been filled with flowers and lots of other wonderful gifts arrived, THANK YOU
We are easy to please travellers and spend most of our time around the pool bar as we like the lively entertainment, the entertainment team are fantastic, please if you go to this hotel spend a little time talking to them and joining in with them they will all make your holiday better.
We ate in quite a few of the restaurants this time, we usually cant be bothered, we visited the Mexican for the first time and loved the Steaks that much we went back twice. The menus have changed but the food quality continues to be top notch, we heard one guy complaining the portions were small, well just order another one.
We were very lucky with the weather but had one full day of the most torrential rain, so we just went and played games in the main theatre with the entertainment team and got very drunk so nothing was spoilt, they even served lunch here.
We love this place and go at least twice a year, the staff, food, rooms and everything about the place is just fantastic. We would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff but can we say a special thank you to the following members of staff who made this visit extra special this time around
Gloria the little waitress who always made sure our drink was full around the bar on an evening
Alexander the F & B manager who is always checking your ok, despite his rubbish taste in English Football, he follows Newcastle United
Ernisto and Lorenzo the two waiters at breakfast who make getting up early a joy
Narciso Rodriguez the manager of the Mexican restaurant who went out of his way every time
And lastly Virginia and Daniela who are a very safe pair of hands on this very big ship
We will see you all again soon, have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year
Love from Andy and Maureen Close
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun