Just came back a couple of weekends ago. We were fortunate to just miss the poor weather. You are rolling the dice going to Cancun in August, September, October, and November. Our cab driver said those months are rainy.
The room was excellent! Fully stocked bar and fridge, a "flashdance" style shower, couch,hot tub, and big screen tv. All in good condition and modern.
The food was very good for an all inclusive! Did not have a bad meal besides room service.(disappointing eggs benedict). All the restaurants were very good with no reservations needed however we had to wait 2 hours to get into the french restaurant. We simply had to drink more or one night we went to the tapas bar which was great food and fast!
We upgraded our room which was not really worth it in my opinion. They tell you it is the only way to get an ocean view, yet we did not have an ocean view from the first floor. They offered to move us, but we were near two other couples so we didnt. You get top shelf liquor at the bar so it isnt really worth upgrading in my opinion.
The beach is poor. No fault of Excellence. They were out every single day trying to remove the sea weed. Even if they did, it is one of the beaches that is not in a cove or very scenic.
The biggest problem was the wine. They included some god awful house wine...my wife said the savignon blanc was drinkable, but the reds were horrid! This cost me more money becuse of course they have a wine list to purchase wine. All the liquor drinks were excellent with quality alcohol but with dinner you like a decent glass of wine.
Saw 2 great shows. A Michael Jackson imitator and a fire show( way better than what you would think of).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Holiday Gems, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun