This was our first time at EPM, having stayed at a couple of other resorts on previous trips to Mexico. Overall, we had a fantastic time and would love to go back in the future.
We booked the junior suite (least expensive room) and were super surprised at how nice the room was. The pictures really don't do the room justice. We also didn't upgrade to the "excellence club" and felt like that was the right decision for us. We didn't feel like we were missing out on anything by not having it although I guess we really can't compare.
The beach did have quite a bit of seaweed during our first couple of days. There were several staff members out there trying to clean it up, but there was so much of it, that not a lot could be done about it. However, as the week went on, there was less seaweed, which made the beach look much nicer. If your primary concern is the beach, then this may not be the right resort for you.
The food was really good overall. We enjoyed the breakfast at the Lobster House a little more than the buffet, but the buffet did have a variety of foods for those that like to sample a variety of things for breakfast. For lunch, our favorite was the pizza from the Sol bar--probably would have eaten it everyday if we felt like pizza for lunch everyday would be okay! They also had a different type of food every day at the beach... some days were better than others. The "tex mex" lunch food was really good, but the burgers were just okay. We only went to the buffet lunch once, but there seemed like quite the variety for lunch there too. Our favorite dinner was Chez Isabelle- the filet mignon was wonderful (actually the whole meal was wonderful). Service at some of the restaurants seemed somewhat slow compared to the other resorts we have been to, but it didn't bother us too much.
The nightly entertainment at EPM was the best of any of the resorts we have been to in Mexico. My fiance especially liked the Madonna show, while the Michael Jackson show was my favorite. It also seemed like there were more activities throughout the day for those who wanted to participate than at the other resorts we have been. For entertainment, this resort would get an A+ from us!
There were a couple of negatives during our stay. About half way through the week, there was a bad smell (like sewage) outside. Not sure exactly where it was coming from, but we did notice it off and on for several days. Also, on our last day, our keys to the room got deactivated prior to checkout. We had been to the beach and the pool in the morning and when we got back to the room to finish packing, both of our keys wouldn't work. We went the front desk and they took care of it immediately, but it was a bit of a hassle, especially since it was not checkout time yet and we were in a bit of a rush at this point.
Overall, we really enjoyed our time here and think this was a great place to escape reality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Holiday Gems, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun