This was our second 2 week stay at the very beautiful Excellence Playa Mujeres in the past two years. Having had bad experiences prior with "all inclusive" type resorts, we hesitated trying again, but a strong recommendation from a corporate travel agent changed our minds to try an Excellence resort. The resort is as beautiful as the pictures but the beach does struggle with seaweed on an ongoing basis and on more days than not, the red flags were flying. The rooms are stunning, large, clean and well appointed. Both times we upgraded to the "Club" and in our opinion its well worth the money. The Club lounge is lovely with oversized couches, computer desks, a bar and food the entire time its open and the staff are courteous, polite, accommodating and address you by name (Mr or Mrs) right from the get-go.
We booked an Excellence Club Oceanview Swim up suite again as we did on our first trip, sent multiple email requests for the same area and booked well in advance. Herein is where the disappointment set in. There is a marked difference between the suites located at the heated Excellence Club pool, complete with a bar and a Concierge stand (suites 8071-8063), than any of the other oceanview swim up suites or even the other Excellence Club only pool area in section 9(no bar, no oceanview). On our first trip, we stayed in 8068 and were blown away. Talk about your luxury location. We faced east so we had the sun until mid-afternoon, a private pool area, a bar with amazing waiters and of course, the Concierge right there; who would come and make our sun beds virtually the moment we opened the sliding glass door to our terrace - it was heaven on earth and in actual fact, we barely left the area - we had no need to except for dinner when we didnt feel like ordering room service (which by the way is fantastic - large menus to choose from and an even more expansive menu for Club members to order from). We absolutely loved our first 2 weeks there and definitely planned to go back. So when we booked an Excellence Club, Oceanview Swim Up Suite for 2 weeks again, naturally we assumed we would be placed in the same area (perhaps not the same room, but in the same area as that is what we thought we paid for) our anticipation of what we thought we would be expecting was beyond something for us to look forward to especially given the weather in Toronto ahead of our departure. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed "Home", offered a cold towel, a glass of champagne and quickly whisked off to the Club Lounge for check in while Carlos brought our bags. It was shortly thereafter we learned we had been placed in 8053 even though there was a note on our file confirming our request for 8068. After asking to see the hotel map, we quickly figured out that we were not in the private heated pool area(we like our privacy and quietness on vacation, sorry people but the public pools are too cold & noisy for my taste), we faced north (ie no sun) and not a bar or concierge in sight. Technically it was an oceanview, swim up suite with Excellence club privileges but given what we experienced on our first trip, we were bitterly disappointed and immediately expressed our displeasure only to be told there were no rooms available in the area we wanted. This was not acceptable as we booked this many many months earlier and we expected the same experience. To make a long story short, and while I believe my griping on social media may have also made a difference (given the immediate responses from their twitter site), 2 days later we were moved to 8066. I hope that the resort is reading is; Delah, YOU are the reason we will be back for our 3rd visit very soon (April). To say that you are compassionate, understanding and accommodating is an understatement - the Excellence Group should count themselves lucky to have someone like you in their employ. Our next 12 days was off the charts! You arranged so many extra special things for us supported by the efforts of Paul & Marianna; we truly appreciated all your efforts to ensure our second experience was ultimately even better than our first. Thank you. Cynthia & Troy DaSilva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun