Before I begin, I must tell you I have a very objective opinion about all adult all inclusives in Cancun because I've stayed at most, including: Le Blanc (3 times), Secrets Maroma, EDR, EDR Casitas, The Royal, Excellence Riviera and El Valentin, Beach Palace and Dreams to name a few.
I would rate the Excellence as a "good" All Inclusive, but not amongst the top tier. Message me if you want to know my opinion of the best.
I will start with the Cons since that seems to be more important to most.
1. Construction Noise: We had a roof top terrace in Room 7 and the banging could be heard inside the room, enough to keep us up. It often started at midnight and ended at 3 a.m. Being on the roof top terrace, it was a severe nuissance. Our best friends had the same issue in Building #2 2. Food: The food was mediocre; we did enjoy the Indian Food and Hibachi Grill at the Asian Restaurant. However, we didn't have "any" good deserts. We felt the best desert was the ice cream machine they had near the outside lobby bar *Also, the room service we ordered was pretty much unedible.. 3 The lady working the gift shop gave me the "who farted?" face and rolled her eyes when I paid with a 20 for a small item. (That was a first ever in Cancun, anywhere)
THE GOOD: 1. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. 2. The rooms were top shelf. 3. The maid service was as good as it gets 4. The service was great 5. The beach was good: There was seaweed, but the cleaned it every day (they can't control nature). 6. The drinks were awesome as well; the liquor was a little watered down at the pool bar, but it's like that at most all inclusive resorts. If not, the yahoo's at the main pool would be a liability. 7. There were plenty of activities and beach chairs for everyone. They are one of the few resorts who control the people who drop towels at 6 a.m. and show up after lunch. (I tip my hat)
*On a side note, beware of DreamDays shuttle service; they were a nightmare. See my review for details.
*I'd come back for the right price.
Message me if you have any question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Holiday Gems, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun