We just returned from EPM and overall had a wonderful time. There were a few minor complaints that we did have which if I didn't read so many reviews and forums I wouldn't have even know. To start out with I booked an ec swim out and when we arrived it was very early about 1030am so it was raining and seemed to take forever to get our room at about 3pm with no sleep and nothing to do but sit at the bar. We finally got put into 7b which is a very nice location but from reading everything I knew it wasn't an ec room last month so our first day we did complain and asked to move since we really wanted 8b and 7 just seemed very far we were working with Fernanda I forget her exact title but she was wonderful and very accommodating and told us everything was booked up but she could get us a room in 8a the following day. After our first night we just decided to stay and make the best of it since we just wanted to unpack and enjoy our vacation. Our first 2 day nobody was in the newly constructed "ec hut" which kinda sucked plus our first full day we had to call to get drink service at about noon I forget the guys name but he would come back around about every hour and wasn't very friendly. Our third day was spent on isla very fun day and when we returned Fernanda found us and said she'd been looking for us all day since she was told we didn't move because we decided we were happy with the room now. What she said was she knows we are now ok but not as happy and she wants us to be and found us another room while located in building 9 it was a huge upgrade to a honeymoon suite so we did gladly except and it was a beautiful room with awesome views of the ocean yes there was some noise while on the balcony but with doors shut I never heard a thing. So the rest of our stay was spent at the 9 ec pool which was very secluded and yes some noise but really didn't bother us at all besides the pile driver a few times a day that lasted a few minutes. At this pool we were lucky to have Cindy as our server and she was awesome and would just come by every 15 min to check on us and sometimes even surprise up with a new delicious drink. The only bartenders that stood out to us were Julian at sol very fun guy and he can make some good drinks and also the Caesar and Hugo team at night very good guys. Food was hit or miss we mainly did room service for breakfast and lunch did do buffet one morning and grill for lunch loved the pig taco and onion rings. Chez was good but flavor market was our favorite try the blue cheese steak but it was also the only service that stood out we went twice I forget the first guys name but he picked everything for us and was very attentive and nice second time was Oscar and he was good as well. Barcelona was the worst we sat for about 5 min to even have our waiter approach us to get drinks than another 5 to order food and I think they accidentally switch my med ribeye for her well done too dark to confirm but hers was deff pink. The other people who stood out was our concierge at 7b Guendoline and at 9 Diego both very nice. Also when I wanted to get actual premium bottles in my room Alexander helped me out and checked on me every day after that to make sure everything was ok very attentive. Overall we had an unforgettable time and do plan on coming back to see all the staff again and try the other restaurants that we missed. We try and go somewhere every year so we may either try the new finest or the beloved next year with the kids than come back to EPM the following. Thanks again to all the staff I mentioned you made our honeymoon the best I could imagine and also made this review 5 stars. Hope to see you soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun