We visited Playa Mujeres as our mini-moon spot in late April and stayed at the Excellence and it was so worth it. I call it a mini-moon because we were only there for 3 days, sadly we had to return to work.
• Service from the very beginning was spectacular, we felt so special and important. It was my first time doing all-inclusive and it is totally worth it. Everyone should do it! :) We stayed in Building 8 and it was a swim-up honeymoon suite.
• We checked in in the VIP lounge where they have their own small apps/desserts and bar. Then they took us to our room and it was beautiful!
• I think one of my favorite parts about the room was the "X-Box" where you place your dirty dishes in the box and they can access it from the outside and pick it up for you, that way your leftover dishes aren't just stinking up your room.
• The hotel is very much built for couples and romance. It is a very honeymoon-y, love making, rejuvenating place! I don't know if I would go here with someone else who wasn't my significant other. Unless they have less-revealing showers and rooms. The shower is completely see through and there is a window in there that looks out into the bedroom/living area. Very lovey-dovey place and a perfect fit for us.
• The hotel is completely secluded. You drive in through a HUGE main gate, it looks like you're entering an African Safari! You pass up a lot of guards on the way in, which to me indicates safety, and it's a quite a drive to reach the hotel. There are 1-2 other hotels that share that area with Excellence too.
• Take advantage of the hotel spa! We got a couples massage and it was awesome!
• Rooms are super clean and they clean it twice a day! There is an evening turned down service where they remake your already made bed for night time! So nice! There's also a pillow menu where you can order your own fancy pillow.
• All rooms have alcohol, beer, drinks, coffee and snacks stocked up!
• This has nothing to do with the hotel, which is why I still rated it 5 stars. But arriving in Cancun airport and meeting up with our private shuttle driver was a mess. He wasn't there, we didn't speak Spanish, and there is just a swarm of taxi/shuttle drivers all waiting outside the Cancun Airport exit for patrons. It's chaotic, so please be careful! We finally got it worked out and were able to get to/from the hotel safely.
• The food is okay. We ordered room service and also dined at some restaurants. I guess the humidity is just so high that even our chips were soggy. I didn't enjoy the food as much as I had hoped. We dined at Chez Isabelle one night and that was pretty good. We definitely still ate a bunch, because who wouldn't at an all-inclusive :) but I had higher hopes for the flavors.
• The restaurants are opened at weird hours and you have to check their daily schedule. We got out of our spa treatment at 3pm and everything was already closed and we were starving. So be aware of the timing your activities and restaurant times.
Overall a wonderful place! It may be our annual anniversary spot :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun