My wife and I spent a week at EPM to celebrate our upcoming 8 year wedding anniversary. I'll keep the reivew as short as possible with a list of pros and cons.
1. Service - for the most part, service was excellent. Some were better than others, but almost everyone was exceptionally caring and accomodating. Service in the EC beach and EC pools was amazing. I'd like to personally mention Paul who remembered us by name each day! As well as Raquel at the beach who was so lovely.
2. Grounds - the hotel is stunning. The buildings always look immaculate, the pools clean, the common areas spotless... we never saw a drop of trash anywhere!
3. The rooms - the rooms are beautfil with the only complain being that the beds and pillows are not very soft. We had a rooftop pool room and it was incredible. We never wanted to leave.
4. Drinks - the drinks were tasty and STRONG!
5. Room service - prompt!
6. Beaches - this could be a pro and a con... the sand and beach was gorgeous. The water was hit or miss. Lots of seaweed somedays, better other days.
1. Food - the only con we have was the food. While not terrible, it would best be described as "cruise quality" food. Some of the restaurants were strong (Chez Isabelle, Agave and Toscana) and some were just not very good... buffets were my least favorite only becase the quality of food was very basic. They had so many options, but nothing tasted all that great. The food did not ruin our trip, we still ate a lot... we were just surprised at how mediocre it was given the luxury of the resort.
2. Entertainment - its no surprise the nightly shows are pretty terrible - some nights they had great live bands playing in the courtyard and we enjoyed that - but the nightly stage shows were cheesy and silly. We always ended up walking the grounds or going back to our room.
Overall I would give the resort a 4.5 out of 5! Food being the thing that needs most work. We will definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun