We travel here as a couple for 2 weeks 22.04.14 - 07.05.14. This hotel was recommend by a friend who had visited in Aug 13. We took all pesos for tipping.
This hotel is just amazing. It is the best holiday we have ever had. The hotel is beautiful & everywhere is so clean & tidy.
When we arrived we were given a glass of bubbly & we was soon checked in & shown to our room, around 5 mins later the bell boy came with out suitcases & gave us a quick tour of our room.
The rooms are lovely & big, they have plenty of space. The bed was so comfy. On the balcony there was a lounge chair which in most night before getting ready to go out we would chill out on there looking over the lazy river. Pathetic mini bar was topped up every day & if you wanted more they would bring it to you no problem. On our first morning we had room service breakfast which was lovely.
This holiday for us was for luxury & to relax, this is definitely the place! We spent most days by the main pool (which was lovely with the floats & the lazy river) near the lobster house/grill which is also next to the beach. We would have a walk on the beach most mornings which is lovely & such a nice view. They did food on the beach at lunch time which was also really nice. You can also get freshly made pizzas at the bar or go to the grill or buffet. They also had bit of entertainment on around the pool every no and again which was nice.
The staff around the pool worked really hard & you also had a drink!
We ate at most restaurants apart from the tapas. Our favourites were Chez Isabelle & Spice. All the restaurants were lovely though, we didn't have one bad meal. We had room service one evening & the food was just as nice. Again all the staff were really nice & friendly, they would keeping checking that everything was ok & making sure you had a drink. There is plenty of choice when it comes to food & drink. It's also all good quality.
While we were on holiday my partner proposed to me on the bridge over the lazy river facing building 7. Which just made the holiday even better!! :)
While we were on holiday we made some nice friends & we have stayed in touch as we don't live to far apart which is nice.
One of the couple we met are coming back in April 15! Jealous!!
I could keep on writing about this hotel there is just so much to say! I have recommend this hotel to all my friends & I will be returning in the future, fingers crossed it will be soon! I can not say one bad thing about this hotel.
If you want to relax & to be treated like royalty then this is the place to be!
Thanks again to all the staff that looked after us & worked really hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun