We have just returned home after a 10 night stay 6-16 June 14 at EPM. This was our second trip, we got engaged there in June 2013 and loved it so much it was the natural choice for our honeymoon.
We booked a ocean front excellence club suite and then had the news regarding the building work. We requested block 8 in view of this and Vilma allocated us in 8369 which has a great ocean view and is the end room, thus we were the furthest away from the building work.
With regard to the building work I can honestly say that we did not hear anything the whole 10 days, you could see the guys working if you walked past but it didn't impact on our holiday at all.
The weather was perfect and we had an even better stay than our first visit. We ate at Barcelona, Argave, the Grill, Chez Isabelle and had the Romantic Beach Dinner. We enjoyed all the food very much.
We spent every day at the Excellence Beach, the staff at the beach club made our holiday. Our beach concierge Guillermo was outstanding everyday he looked after us, always helped us to arrange our dinner every night. We had a special table most evenings dressed with rose petals. Guillermo,s colleagues Rosi and Antonio were also fantastic. Not only did the guys make our beach beds up, they served us with fresh face clothes, lovely snacks and if you left your sunbed to have lunch etc they would change the towels for you. Fidel the waiter on the beach was outstanding always so pleasant he really looked after us, suggesting different cocktails to try, often bringing drinks without us even asking. Mango margarita was my favourite cocktail during the day.
All the staff go out of there way to make your holiday special, we had a lovely meal at Argave and Pamela made sure we has a special table and a special desert with welcome home Mr and Mrs Smith written in chocolate. On our last evening our concierge Caroline arranged a special dinner in Chez Isabelle the chef sent over extra shrimps and our desert was a platter of all the deserts on the menu. When we returned to our room it was beautiful rose petals scattered in a path to the jacuzzi which was filled with warm water and rose petals and also a special heart and swam shaped towels. There was a bottle of champagne and a platter of hand made chocolates. It was a lovely surprise and perfect ending to our honeymoon.
A special mention to Cesar and Hugo at the Martini Bar they make really good cocktails and are a lot of fun. We will be back in January for our first wedding anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Holiday Gems, Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Prestigia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun