Beloved Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
US$476
Beloved Hotels
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
US$496
Finest Resorts
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$573
Bookit.com
  • Pool
US$432
US$308
Cancelon
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$277
  • Breakfast included
US$496
US$446
Priceline
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$55
US$23
  • Room Service
13,451 results
All reviewsmartini barchez isabelleflavor marketlobsterthe grillour honeymoonroom servicesol barfrench restaurantrooftop terracemain poolcarolina pazcafe kafeec poolnon ecbuilding conciergeswim up room
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres for 9 nights in June to celebrate the end of my year studying abroad (meaning that we had to spend a year apart!). We stayed at Excellence Riviera Cancun for only 4 nights back in November and had a fantastic time there so we were really looking forward to this holiday and it didn't disappoint.

From the moment we got to the hotel we felt relaxed and pampered being welcomed by very friendly staff and offered champagne on arrival. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and we really liked that the balcony had a day bed on it. My boyfriend and I thought that the roof top terrace rooms looked amazing and we would perhaps stay in one for a special occasion but the normal suites are fantastic anyway. There was a bottle of sparking wine and a bowl of fresh fruit in our room when we arrived which we though was a nice touch. The maid service was great (we got some towel animals!) and the turn down is lovely. The bed is quite hard but this suited us well. The bathroom is really nice and so is the hot tub which you can access from both the inside and the balcony. The only thing we thought was strange was the toilet itself as it's in it's own room but isn't very private at all as the door is made of frosted and unfrosted glass and isn't a full length door!

The food at all the restaurants is good although we thought some were better than others. Agave and The Flavour House were our favourites for dinner. The breakfast and lunch buffets at Toscana were amazing with a great selection of food and drink and the stone baked pizzas at Sol bar and the various themed days that were held at Las Olas on the beach were good too. Room service food is okay, although not as good as at the restaurants, the selection of food is good though. The bars are very good with a fantastic selection of beers, wines, cocktails and other drinks (shout out to Jose and Jorge at the Sol bar who were awesome barmen!), and we loved that waiters would bring us drinks to the beach and pool, although this service can sometimes be quite slow. The all inclusive in-room mini bar is, of course, pretty great!

The hotel put on various activities every day including volleyball, yoga, drumming lessons, quizzes, demonstrations of how to make coco locos, spanish lessons and a lot more. You can also rent non motorised water sports equipment for free (highly recommended) and you can go jet skiing, scuba diving etc for an extra price which is very reasonable. The staff are all very fun and enthusiastic and make these activities really fun. The evening shows, especially the fire show, are very entertaining too although we though the 'night club' was a bit rubbish!

What really made our stay at Excellence though was the service. Every single member of staff was friendly and worked hard to make our stay the best it could be. We had a call from concierge every day asking us how things were and if they could do anything for us. A couple of times Gwendoline (who really is great, thank you so much!) asked us what time we would like to have dinner so that we wouldn't have to wait for a table. We also had decorated tables or a special desert a few times. On out last night she arranged for us to have a special meal at Agave. The staff decorated the table and served us a special menu which was some of the best food we have ever had, and when we came back from dinner they had decorated our bed and hot tub with rose petals. This really did make our last night special and we really appreciated it.

I can't say enough good things about EPM and the people who work there (sadly I can't remember any more names!). It really is a 5 star experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxurious and romantic holiday.

7  Thank Suzanna T
Reviewed 27 June 2014

WOW!!! What can I say? Let me start by saying that we work hard for our money and feel deserving of our yearly vacation at an adult only all inclusive resort. With that being said, we normally stay at with the Secrets brand and even ventured to the Valentine Imperial. Let me also say that I have never taken the time to post a review on tripadvisor. Last year we broke the routine to travel to Excellence Riviera and never looked back! We are sitting here now at the Excellence Mujeres and can't stop smiling. Just when you think it can get no better... You are constantly being surprised by the excellent service. I will not go into specific details other than to say if you do not have a relaxing vacation, then it is certainly your own fault and maybe you should just stay home! Got to go for now, as the sun is shining and I am off to the pool:). Mr and Mrs Lynch

6  Thank Jeffandy
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 19th Anniversary at EPM from June 14-19. My only regret, that we had to go home. We stayed in Room 8451, an RTT in bldg 8b. We went the Excellence Club route and for us it was well worth it. Next time, we'll pass on the RTT and stay a couple extra nights. We loved it but we used the patio more and it was awesome on it's own.

We were treated so well at EPM, spoiled really. It started right away when Naikare introduced herself and lasted the entire time until she literally walked us to the door on our way out.

We weren't able to try all the restaurants but we had breakfast at Toscana every morning and dinner at: Basmati, Toscana, Chez Isabelle (in the wine cellar), Spice & Agave. Twice we were treated to a special dinner; at Toscana & Agave. We received a call every afternoon asking about our stay and if we needed anything.

I didn't love the coffee that was offered at Toscana but we came to love the Nespresso machine in our room and the larger one in the EC lounge. We visited the EC lounge several times a day for coffee or to see what sweet things they had on the bar. We started calling it the Extra Calorie lounge.

Once we found the EC pool at bldg 7, that was our hangout. Dulce and Carlos took great care of us. We had pizza twice and lunch from the grill twice. We went to the bar at Agave one night just for Tamarind margaritas and thought they were amazing. The next night we went back for more and had dinner there too. Eduardo served us at Agave and was fantastic. He made the Mayan coffee for us and it was another great experience in a week of great experiences.

When it comes to vacations, I research everything to death before making a decision. I spent months reading reviews and the Playa Mujeres forum. I thought we would have a great vacation from everything I read but my expectations were still exceeded. There is no question that we'll be back.

Room Tip: Next time, we'll ask for a room as high as possible but not an RTT. I'd rather stay a couple more days and enjoy the incredible service longer.
9  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from The Excellence Playa Mujeres. This is such a convenient resort for us coming from Houston. Flight leaves at 9:00 am and we are on the beach by 1:30! This is the second time for us going to this resort, first time for last New Year's Eve. The service is great here. The rooms are large and well-stocked, although the mattress in the room wasn't as soft as I would have liked. The balconies with the rooms are large and great for winding down in the evenings!

I do need to let everyone know that there is construction ongoing on the north side of the resort. In my mind, this makes rooms in Building 9 not desirable at all. The upside to the construction? The new resort being built is a new member of the Excellence Family, called the Finest Excellence. This resort is going to be family-friendly! For us, with kids, that's awesome! The quality of the Excellence resorts with a family-friendly behavior!

We spent most of our time on the beach. If you are wanting one of the thatched canopies on the beach with some chairs, you have to get out there early to grab a couple of them. Usually by 8:00. We would bring some stuff down and then go eat breakfast. Make sure to grab a beverage on your way out to the beach.

On the beach, there was only one person taking drink orders. Take advantage of nearby bars to get drink orders fulfilled. You will need to ask for more alcohol as the drinks are more mix and filler than actual alcohol. Not that I want a strong drink, but the amount of mix in the margaritas makes them too much to enjoy. The Sol bar by the pool has great brick oven pizza.

Make sure to eat dinner at least one night at AGAVE! The food and atmosphere are the best in the entire resort. An open-air restaurant with a Mayan-themed menu. When you dine there, Pamela, the hostess, will take great care of you. If you are fortunate enough to get Iris as your waitress, you are in luck. Chef Leonardo's creations are amazing. And don't forget to ask for some Mexican coffee OR the Mayan coffee which is not on the menu. We really appreciated the people at Agave making our last night memorable by preparing a special menu just for us! The lobster main dish was the best I have ever had!

We stayed in building 1, which was nice in that we didn't have to walk far to get to restaurants or the beach, but yet still far enough away that it was not noisy. We could sit out on our balcony and still listen to music.

W will definitely be going back as a couple and once the new resort is open, we'll bring our kids! Can't wait for the next time!

Room Tip: Building 9 will have construction noise.
4  Thank chestoncooper
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon last week at Excellence Playa Mujeres. From the moment we arrived at the resort to the moment we left, we had an amazing experience.

Right from the start, we were greeted at the door with hot towels and champagne. We were walked to our room, while Carlos (amazing and hilarious guy) told us all about the property. The room was beautiful (Regardless of what room you get, spa/pool view, oceanfront, etc, the rooms and views are all great).

Food was excellent throughout the trip (We ate at Toscanas, Barcelona, Chez Isabelle, The Lobster House, and the Grill and they were all fantastic). The drinks were even better. Arturo was our favorite waiter and did such a good job. He always brought us our drinks quick and rarely left us without one. Enqrique (with the stone grilled pizzas) was also a great guy. Very nice and made excellent pizzas.

Overall, our experience was fantastic. Only drawback is that we had our "romantic honeymoon dinner" and the staff didn't really do a great job of making it any more romantic. They threw some rose petals on the table and called it our romantic dinner. I feel like they could have done a little more.

Overall though I would HIGHLY recommend everyone to take a trip to Excellence Playa Mujeres!!

1  Thank Rafid M