Excellence Playa Mujeres
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Playa Arena(Isla Mujeres)
12,970 results
All reviewsmartini barchez isabelleflavor marketlobsterthe grillsol barrooftop terracemain poolour honeymooncafe kafecarolina pazec poolnon ecroom servicebuilding conciergefrench restaurantswim up room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Having previously stayed at the Excellence for a wedding of a close friend, we had recommended it and decided to return as a group of 6 couples for a group couple getaway. One of our group members confirmed room, excursion, and other details with Jesse the concierge, who seemed rather helpful. While we understood we might not be able to get rooms together at the resort, we had asked to try to be all nearby one another.

We were happily greeted by the staff and told that they had been able to put all of us in the same building. That was until we realized that only 5 of the couples had been placed together in the same building. The gay couple of the group, we had been assigned to building 3 -- the farthest building with two small beds in each room -- a 15 minute walk from the rest of our friends, the beach area and the main pools.

We were told our concierge was unavailable, and the staff told us there was nothing that could be done. We were told barely apologetically that could check back again later in the weekend if we wanted. While our friends changed into their swimsuits and checked in early to their king-bed rooms, we waited in the heat until more than an hour after check in time before being led to our platonically furnished parking-lot adjacent room.

All in all pretty frustrating. I don't know whether to fault poor concierge service or the hotel, but I'd recommend either triple checking your reservation or finding a different -- maybe more inclusive? -- all-inclusive.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not put in a room with two small beds? Ask for something in buildings 7 or 8.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
24  Thank Ethan S
Excellence_Group, Community Manager at Excellence Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for having chosen Excellence Playa Mujeres as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share this review with us.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations and we would like to extend our sincerest apologies.

However we would like to highlight that certain room categories offer either a kind size or two double beds. As a resort policy, the suite locations are upon request and subject to availability. Moreover at Excellence, our guest requests are considered priority, and the hotel always do their best to meet guest preferences when possible.

Please receive our warmest regards from Cancun.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wow! From the greeting at the entrance with cold towel and cold beverage, to the last goodbye, everything was EXCELLENCE! The facility and grounds were perfectly maintained. We had a RTT corner room with the outside area twice the size of our room. We had a beautiful view of the spa, palms and the lazy river, was able to see the ocean at a distance. The room was very nice. The bed was a little hard for our liking, but they were prompt and added a memory foam topper to the bed. House keeping and mini-bar service was great. The wait staff was out of the world. Nothing was to hard or inconvenient for them. The pool wait staff was outstanding. The entertainment was good. We did not eat a bad meal. The pizza by the pool at lunch was also very good. We enjoyed the fiesta night. There were just so many good people waiting on us constantly. The activity people went out of their way to learn and remember our names. We can't wait to book again!!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Roof Top Terrace room, but wouldn't be required for an excellent time.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve_Gina2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

this hotel is the goods! amazing service, price, food, ammentites, beach and activites.

the only bad thing was our bed was a bit hard, apparantl ythey have toppers you can request :)

we had an upgrade to a terrace suite... amazing! the resport was my favorite place i have ever stayed and the staff were so nice and welcoming. I will go back in a heart beat! hoping to return for my honeymoon one day.

you will not regret it

Room Tip: get the terrace suite.. worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aimz_86Brisbane
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The best way to sum this place up is UNBELIEVABLE. The service is top notch, the beach, the restaurants, the rooms. There is NOTHING bad about this place. This place and these people made my honeymoon unforgettable. I definitely recommend a rooftop room with a pool. The sunset we got to see...amazing!!! We will be back!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Lindsay G
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This resort is amazing! My wife and I stayed here from June 17 to 24, 2014 for our honeymoon. This was our first all-inclusive resort experience and it could not have been any better. I give this resort my highest recommendation.

The resort grounds and facilities are beautiful, but what makes this place special is the wonderful staff. The quality of the people that work here is what sets this property apart from any other vacation property I have ever visited. At this resort, all of your needs will be taken care of. If you need something or have a question, just go to a staff person or the concierge and you will be attended to immediately. There is so much I could write about, but I don't have enough time to go into all the details. For us, every aspect of our experience at Excellence Playa Mujeres was just that...excellence. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. Also, I highly recommend the Excellence Club. We loved the service we received in the Excellence Beach area and in the club, especially chocolate martinis.

I would like to thank the following staff who treated my wife and I like royalty: Jaime, Diego, Rodrigo, and Mario from the Excellence Club. Ever, Raymundo, and Eduardo from the pool bar. Cesar and Hugo the bartenders from the main bar. Paul, Mauricio, Raquel, and Juan Diego from the Excellence Beach area. Last but not least Byron and all the concierges from the Excellence Club. I apologize for not remembering everybody's name. You are all wonderful! I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 7 which is very close to the Excellence Club. We never heard any construction noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple