My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon on 24th of June to 9th of July it was amazing. I am one of them people who take a long time trying to find the perfect place to stay and this time it paid of Excellence Playa Mujeres is amazing! There were only a couple things that I could fault so I will start with them first
1- The beds are pretty uncomfortable even with a mattress topper it wasn’t the end of the world but did have a bit of a aching back some mornings.
2- Pool floats some guests insist that the floats are their own and forget they are there to share so if you are not using it leave it in the pool so someone else can!
3- The spice restaurant I wasn’t very impressed with the service we were sat at our table for a long time before we were asked for a drink or food, and between courses instead of taking away my cutlery he placed my dirty ones back on to the table again to use not the end of the world but I thought it was a little bit strange.
Now on to the good bits!
We arrived at about 4pm to be greeted with big smiles a cold towel and drink we were checked in quickly and shown to our room by the bellboy who explained where everything was. On leaving the day before we got a phone call to ask what time we would like our bags picking up which was nice.
The room – Our room 7201 overlooking the revive bar was lovely there was so much room. We could hear the entertainment in the evenings this didn't bother us as by the time we went to sleep about 11pm it had finished anyway. The showers were great very hot and powerful there is a window into the rest of the room it may bother some but not us and yes there only a frosted door with gaps on the bottom and top if this bothers you send your partner onto the balcony to lie on the double day bed and take in the lovely grounds. Our mini bar got refilled every day with all types of soft drinks, water, beer, wine, oreos, snickers and m&ms. There are also full bottles of Smirnoff vodka, tequila and whiskey in the room for free. We also loved the fact that there was free Wi-fi to use throughout the hotel the signal was always good enough to Skype and access Facebook.
Room service- Large choice of food to choose from it was all cooked perfectly and arrived hot within the time frame they specified on the phone.
Restaurants – Buffet restaurant for breakfast was great loads to choose from really enjoyed it, we weren’t that keen on the buffet lunch however the food was lovely but I don’t think there was enough of a variety. The grill for lunch was great food was all cooked perfectly and we could enjoy a view of the sea while we ate.
Our top 3 restaurants are
1- Basmati – we went there 3 times we enjoyed chicken tikka masala and chicken korma
2- Chez Isabelle – Went there 2 times the filet mignon was delicious
3- Grill – Went there twice it was nice to be outdoors it always seemed quiet here too.
Ground/Pools – Everything is very green the gardens are very well looked after we always saw people mowing the grass or tending to the flowers . Our favourite pool was the lazy river around the spa it was always so quiet and relaxing there. There were always available sun beds it seemed like the hotel was empty, a lot of the time we wondered where everyone was. But on walking towards the beach we realised everyone was in the main pool! This does get very busy so if you want sun beds there I would get them in the morning. The beach is beautiful white sand and clear blue water again we struggled to find sun beds during the afternoon so if you want a day on the beach grab them in the morning.
Shows- We enjoyed the Micheal Jackson show thought it was very good I can see how alot of repeat guests would be bored of it though. The comedian and fire show were also good fun to watch.
Staff – Every member of staff from concierge, restaurant staff to gardeners always made a effort to say hi and gave a big smile which is nice to see.
Trips- We went to Xcaret this was a great day out however I wouldn’t recommend doing it if the weather is scorching hot as it is just too hot to enjoy it fully but if you are having some rainy cloudy days and want to do something fun go for it.
All in all we had an amazing honeymoon we wouldn’t return to Excellence playa mujeres as we learnt our lesson on going to the same place twice but I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family. If you are hesitating on booking don’t! Just go you won’t regret it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Savannahville Tours N.V., TravelUp, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun