“Truly excellent at Excellence Playa Mujeres”

Excellence Playa Mujeres
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at EPM for a wedding anniversary and it lived up to its name. We opted a EC RTT and it was the nicest room we have ever stayed in period. The open design bathroom took a little getting used to - it is not for the extremely modest - but the shower was amazing. There are so many restaurant choices that even the most picky eater will not be disappointed. Our stay at EPM has set the bar very high for all other resorts. We understand why people keep coming back year after year. Try it- you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank warhol54
Write a ReviewReviews (12,687)

Have now been to all 3 Excellence properties and loved them all
Beach is absolutely beautiful at EPM but as with the other Excellence properties, the staff make it special - from the beautiful and sweet Genesis at the front desk to the wonderful gentleman Ruben at breakfast.
Tonatiuh was great fun at lunch and Noe and Omar are lovely guys - had some really nice conversations with them.

I was really glad to hear at EPM and the other resorts that Excellence takes good care of its employees - not surprising though as unhappy employees could never provide such wonderful service.
Thanks Excellence and the superb staff for another great stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank K_man063
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It was finger Poppin, jaw droppin, foot stompin, mind blowin. The staff was exceptional. They called you by name. Shouts out to Diego, the bell hope who always kept a smile on his face and loves rap music, and all the bartenders @ the martini bar Findizo, Hugo, and Ceaser. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. We even slept on our balcony one nite. The mini bar in your rm is refilled daily with bottles of premium liquor. All in fifths. There are soo many restaurants to choose fm that you may not get to try them all. Be careful if you go to the city for souvenirs. The venders hound the crap out of you and try to over charge you. It's very hot during the day but feels great late night. The 24 hr room service was the bomb. After drinking all day the late night cheeseburger w/fries was right on time. I will be returning in about 4 yrs.. We loved everything about it. All 23 of us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Shenora A
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Their service is impeccable in every manner but a few members of the staff in the excellence area (especially at the pool bar) were so attentive that it was beyond anything that I could have imagined. The food was good with a large selection.

Room Tip: I prefer the excellence service but suggest a regular room as opposed to the upgrade of a swim out.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ghjum
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This resort was the perfect place for our destination wedding! We had about 40 people meet us at the resort and stayed an additional week after everyone had left to celebrate our honeymoon. Our room was beautiful- we stayed in a 2 story rooftop terrace suite. We also stayed in the excellence club which was worth it for service at the pool.

Working with Lleny the wedding coordinator was a pleasure and our wedding was better than we could have imagined. We were able to reserve tables at Mexican Night and that served as our welcome dinner for our guests at no extra charge. Additionally, the in house photographer, Beach Wedding Studio, was also amazing.

We thought the best restaurants were Basmati and Flavor Market. The sangria at Flavor Market was the best on the resort. Would definitely recommend ordering an Iceberg (beer w a floating frozen marg on top). Martha, Jorge and David were the best bar tenders and Edgar was the best waiter. Our only complaints would probably be that they should have at least 3 bar tenders at the main pool bar during the day and that the wi-fi is very spotty.

Lastly, if you are celebrating a special occasion I would highly recommend the private dinner on the beach. It was among the most romantic things we've ever done and probably will ever do. Well worth the extra money. Also highly recommend the hydrotherapy at the spa.

We loved the resort, and so did all of our guests!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dariah L
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to Excellence in Playa Mujeres for our 15th wedding anniversary. This has to be, hands down, the best hotel I've stayed in. The staff is very attentive from the moment you walk in. You get greeted at the door with a moist towel and champagne (the towel is soo refreshing!!). At the pool area, look for Gaston, this gentleman attended to my wife and I. He's on point, always made sure that our glasses were full of drinks, attended to our needs. Look for him if you can. The manager Alexander was also a great help. This hotel is top notch. I highly recommend it for an anniversary get away!!! We will definitely be back soon!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Angel R
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is perfection, if anybody is looking for pure luxury this is the place to be!

The staff:- they are wonderful people who aim to please, they will do anything for you and seem genuinely happy to serve you. Nobody was rude. I loved that they have waiters in the day walking around happy to fetch you drinks or even food whilst you sunbathe! :-)

The food:- the worst restaurant for me would be the Mexican restaurant, I was not a fan of the food and different tastes, but that is always a personal opinion. The rest were all brilliant, what I would recommend is if you don't want to wait for a table then be ready and go down for dinner between 6:30-7-30 as after that it starts to become busy and places start to give out buzzers because there aren't any tables. I loved the grill outside the meat was delicious.
The only thing I can say bad about the restaurants is some of the lighting in some restaurants are to low, needs to be a little brighter so you can read the menu's etc.
The room:- we were in room 8103 block 8 in the standard room, it was lovely, I love the bath tub, all the pictures do not do it justice it is bigger than it looks! I lived relaxing in their with the jacuzzi on watching the TV with a drink. Perfection! But watch out when getting out! Put towels down and have the slippers ready to put straight on as marble floors means it can be very slippy and dangerous.
The rooms are great for couples but if you are going with friends just be mindful that everywhere is open, they even have a massive window in the shower room so you don't have any privacy when in the room.
Room service:- we had bad/good experiences with this and I think that is based on the times you order, we ordered once at 2 in the morning for two hamburgers and extra fries, it came as two club sandwiches they had made a mistake then he came back with the hamburgers and they weren't cooked and were very pink and gooey. So be careful what you order and always check your food when ordering meat which every place you are eating, as I found this happen in a couple of dining places.
The pools are great, they are always warm and at first clean but as the two weeks went on there were more flies an dings in the pool.
The sun lounges are great and there are plenty of towels around for when yours are wet.

The beach is amazing the best I have ever seen! And they always try and get rid of any seaweed in the morning which you would not find anywhere else. The sand and sea is beautiful we even saw a sting ray swimming by the shore one morning! :-)

We aren't people that like to waste a holiday and returning to somewhere we have already been but this holiday has been amazing that I would go back one day and I've even been looking at this resort in Dominican Republic and the one they will be opening in Jamaica ! I can not wait.

The entertainment:- they always had something on throughout the day and night every night so there is something happening for everyone which is fantastic and if you don't like what is on there are plenty of other places you can go! :-)

If you are looking at this to see wether you should book this hotel stop now and just book it!! No matter what is said this hotel is perfect for everyone and the staff always accommodate to everybody's individual needs. I am allergic to peanuts and somebody would call every night to make sure I am ok and if there is anything they could do to help or anything they could out in place for my allergy it was fantastic and something you would not receive anywhere else you would go!

all good things have to come to an end eventually but we will be back!! :-)
X

Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Excellence Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!