Aquasserenne
US$19
Hotels.com
US$25
  • Restaurant
WoodHouse Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
US$19
Agoda.com
Black Beach Resort(Varkala)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$21
Priceline
US$53
US$41
Orbitz.com
US$41
All reviewsswimming poolopen bathroomelephant riderecommend this resortget togetherawesome locationnatural beautypleasant staykollam citycottagebackwaterspropertykeralamaintainanceboatingboatmankarimeen
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We had a lovely quiet time here, it is a very beautiful setting. Oddly enough the whole place was empty except for ourselves and one other couple, so the place had a rather empty feel to it (in Feb. 2012). As a result, we were usually the only people in the dining room and I think the food quality somewhat suffered because of this. The antiquated Kerala liquor laws mean that alcohol cannot be served at the restaurant, the best you can do is get it by room service. The room service, porters, wait staff were all very prompt and courteous.

The accommodations were comfortable, well-kept and we liked the open-air bathroom.

Access to this hotel is by rather narrow winding road, and the property is rather isolated, so there are no options within easy reach for things like alternative places to eat.

The pool is small-ish but it would be good for families with kids.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dory77
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Arrived from via train on New Year's Eve. The hotel driver left myself and my partner out in the rain at the train station telling us they were there to pick up someone else and refused to give our taxi directions. When trying to call the resort to get directions, they repeatedly hung up on me. When we finally arrived thanks to very helpful people and a determined taxi driver, they told me I had no booking. I showed them my reciept from my online booking and they still said they had no record. I called the booking company and my Indian sim credit ran out going through automated caller. The resort refused to call for me. They refused to give me anything written to say they didn't have a booking, and refused to give me a name or let me talk to a manager. "He is enjoying the party" they told me. After taking a photo of the man refusing to give me my room he game me his name and sent me to the same taxi driver who left me in the rain to get a hotel 20km away. I had to pay for this driver.
Now they are claiming that I stayed there even though I have the receipt from the different hotel I was forced to stay in as not too much is available at 9PM on New Year's Eve.
Might be a nice place to stay if you can get in the door. Very saddened by the continued dishonesty.

Room Tip: Not in Varkala. Make sure you know that this is in Kollam. Nice location on lake, but outside the popular areas.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank cody a
Reviewed 7 February 2012

What a fantastic place to relax!
Although access by bad roads is rather difficult and painstaking and the facility rather expensive, it is more than made up by the sheer beauty, ambience and tranquility of the place for complete relaxation by the waters.
Jutting out onto the 'lake' with water on three sides of the resort, the place is maintained immaculately clean and the cottages/villas are very comfortable, well furnished and decorated. Good hot water in showers and good air conditioning despite occasional power failures. Excellent food, service and a very courteous staff.
We cancelled our morning trip to nearby Varkala Beach to spend more time relaxing in the resort. Approx 26 km from the Kollam KSWTD boat jetty, this resort is located in South Paravoor, about an hours drive from the city.
Ample parking, good dining, an Ayurveda treatment spa, lovely swimming pool, lounge area and plush green lawns and landscape are the hallmarks of this exquisite resort.
Good value for your money!

Room Tip: Ask for a two bedroom lake front villa
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was having my doubts initially about this place but was proved wrong when I reached. The property is really great and well made (A tulip star property after all). Spend last 3 days of my honeymoon trip in Kerala here. Note that this place is warm to slightly hot even during February unlike Thekkady or Munnar in kerala. But a rooms and environmenty around was cozy to make the stay comfortable. I was in lake villa and I really liked. Especially the bathroom which had plants and was open from the top (with privacy maintained). I spend time lazing around the place. It has a good pool and badminton court. Food is average. They gave a complimentary boat ride in the lake which was good. Kollam city is otherwise quite crowded but the property is slightly far away from all the noise

Room Tip: Book Lake villas to get a good view
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhavikvc
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had a very enjoyable family holiday here with 10 of us from 3 families arriving from different parts of the world for a 3 night stay - some of us grew up close by in Kollam. We stayed in 4 villas bunched close together. The location is truly outstanding, on a quiet promontory right on the lake, with stunning lake views all around and good beaches close by as well. All villas have excellent lake views, so mornings and evenings are simply superb! Food was excellent as well, with the staff willing to be flexible with the type of food on offer, serving up some authentic Kerala specialities on request.
Truly relaxing holiday - many thanks for the excellent service and food!!

Room Tip: Most villas face the lake, so pretty uniform experience
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family