“Food”

Bumble Bee
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Quedgeley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bumble Bee in Gloucester is a country pub & dining oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar. We are proud to welcome well behaved dogs into our bar area for those seeking a place to enjoy some food Book a table online and enjoy a spot by our roaring log-fire. Or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in our pretty beer garden. What ever the time of year, you will always find a warm welcome at the Bumblebee.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I visited bumble bee a couple of weeks ago and I tried the Southern fried chicken and that was absolute gorgeous..you got 3 big bits of Chicken covered in a crispy batter it was one in a million would recommend it to anyone..the pub is good although u do have to wait a while if there isn't any tables left and some of the food can be down hill

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Although the pub is cosy and inviting don't go if you are short of time !!!We have just returned from Gloustershire and we eat in this pub on Saturday night . We arrived at about 7 pm ,they were very busy but we were told they would find us a table only to leave us standing for 15 mins before someone asked again . This time we were shown to a table and there we waited , they eventually took our drinks order and said someone would be over to take our food order . Waited and waited ,we asked 2 female waitresses who both said they would be with us in a minute.We waited and waited then a waiter was called who said he would be with us shortly. We waited again and this time my husband went to the bar to complain . The manager apologised and sent a waiter over .It was just like faulty towers , he took our order then came back k and said they were out of fish pie so we had to order some thing else .This had taken an hour to get to the point of ordering ! When the food arrived my veg were cold ,my husband's hunters chicken was missing the mushrooms and the onion rings and my son's pork belly was just cooked ! We complained and the waiter said the menus had changed that's why things were missing !what a load of rubbish it was almost laughable .We were offered a free round of drinks but only half arrived ! We decided to leave and asked for the bill, the manager had given us 20% off ,we paid and ran for the door !

2  Thank stephanie n
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Recently went to the Bumble Bee at Quedgeley. Had a really nice tear and share garlic bread to start with and the Hunters Chicken to follow. Our waiter recommended that we upgraded and had the gourmet chips. I have to say they were lovely and in future I will always upgrade my chip option. I then enquired with the waiter about the dressing on the salad which is beautiful. Off he went to find out. During this visit nothing was too much trouble for our waiter and he was always smiling. Thank you for a good dinning experience.

1  Thank Gripper_13
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I visited here this evening. I didn't expect much. It was recommended by the hotel I was staying at. I was really surprised when I saw the place. It's very pretty outside and quaint inside. They have a great outdoor area. But when I went to speak with the staff about my order, the guy that took my drink order was complaining about how long he'd been working without a break (3 hours, which didn't sound terrible) and his co-worker responded that she'd put in a long day, too. All very much a bummer. I took my beer outside (they don't have wait staff outside) and waited for my food. For pub food, it took inordinately long to get. When I returned to get another beer, I heard the guy in front of me ask for food. They responded that the restaurant was closed. It was 8pm. They were due to close at 10pm but "we've been slammed and need a break. Orders are taking 1 1/2 hours to come out." The guy protested, asked for the manager, and instead of sticking to his guns, he let the guy order and said his order would be done in 15 minutes. All of this is nuts. They need far more people to be effective at this place. I found the food, atmosphere, and beer good. But the wait staff needs some management on how to talk with customers and the manager needs to figure out how to serve until close (and certainly not accept orders if he's instructed wait staff not to take them). So much potential here...

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have eaten here several times over the past few years. It used to be a numbered- wooden- spoon-on-the table- type place, but they have staff taking orders at your table now, which adds another 30 minutes to the ordeal. On our recent visit, this evening, we waited 30 minutes before our order was taken. Our waitress wrote the order down then returned to check the order, then returned to tell us they had just run out of an item we had ordered. She was very sweet natured and polite so we were appeased.
The staff are friendly, the food is average and good value for money, the level of service varies from one visit to the next. Sometimes it is extremely attentive and efficient, other times it is laboriously slow. The best you can do is expect a long wait and be pleasantly surprised when things happen promptly.
Wheelchair users beware! Two normal sized parking bays for disabled drivers adjacent to a picket fence with not a lot of room to get out of your car. A very bumpy path to the front door through a forest of overgrown shrubbery. A disabled toilet that is kept locked.(It's humiliating to have to ask to be let into a loo). We were told that the seat was broken and removed for repair, though no one thought to clean what remained beneath! Unpleasant.