“Inconsistent”

Bumble Bee
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Quedgeley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bumble Bee in Gloucester is a country pub & dining oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar. We are proud to welcome well behaved dogs into our bar area for those seeking a place to enjoy some food Book a table online and enjoy a spot by our roaring log-fire. Or make the best of the British summertime by eating alfresco in our pretty beer garden. What ever the time of year, you will always find a warm welcome at the Bumblebee.
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I often visit the Bumble Bee for meals and drinks because of its wonderful garden in the summer and it's fire's in the winter. While the food is usually good (bar one occasion), the service is what let's the place down with its inconsistency. One day you can walk in be served at the bar straight away and have exceptional friendly service through your whole meal, but the next time you come in you may wait ages at the bar (sometimes just for someone to appear to serve the queue that's now developed) and receive poor service from staff who have no interest in their job. I would recommend for the location and hope that the staff are on form that day.

Visited May 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
“LP meals”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very good choice of well cooked food at reasonable prices. the restaurant was busy but we didn't have to wait long for our meal and we were party of 20 plus.

Visited July 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Much better”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times stopping at the hotel next door. This time things have improved and I had a very good meal with quick service. Only issue was the cost is a tad high for quantity but quality, taste etc was very good.

Nailsworth
“A good meal is all in the company you're with”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have been going to the bee for years- always our first choice. I have never had a bad meal there- iv noticed people moaning in the past about times and prices etc. If you are with good company you don't notice the time especially If you are not on your phone the whole meal. Put your phone down and enjoy the surroundings the cosy fire or the nice beer garden. Our food is always hot,perfectly cooked. I much prefer the table service now rather than going to the bar yourself. I love the specials they do always something that I fancy on there. I admit if you want a cheap grease covered meal then the pub up the road is buy one get one free but any pub that can offer that can't be very good quality food- might as well go to KFC. I love the bumble bee. Like home from
Home. Perfect

• Visited July 2014
Namur, Belgium
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I wait 25 minutes to somebody take my order.

After, when they take away my dish (after 15 minutes that I finished), I asked for the desert menu.... that I never saw. After 20 minutes of waiting (=35 minutes after I have finished my main course), I decide to leave. The whether knew that he made a mistake but gave nothing as compensation for that.

It's a shame. I'm staying often in the holiday inn next to the pub but I think it was my last time there!!!! It's not because you're alone and young that you doesn't deserve a good service!!!!

More than that, they proposed to leave a comment on their website but you shall love in uk!