“I'd rather have slept in the car!!”

and 1 more site!
The Orchard Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quedgeley
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“I'd rather have slept in the car!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Truly awful place, staff were friendly enough, but didn't have a clue, & spoke poor English, the first room I was given was already occupied, the next had not been cleaned! bed unmade & breakfast leftovers still in the room at 18.40!! when i finally got a room it was tiny, not even enough room for a chair, the kettle chord was too short to reach the socket, so it had to be balanced on my bag, then after all that the milk was off!!! the shower was so small I could not turn around without opening the door, the bed was uncomfortable and the curtains fell down!!!!
I should have realised something was wrong before I got to the rooms as there was a lot of tiles missing in the corridor ceilings! apart from that, it's badly signposted, difficult to find, with a car park which is more like a wasteground!!! cost me £40!! I'd have felt better if i'd given my money to the homeless and slept in a shop doorway! I complained to the man on duty the following morning and his reply was 'Oh Well' !!!!! Truly a place to avoid !!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in a travelodge, premier inn, or even a park bench are better!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank dave r
Darren G, Regional Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on this third party website.

I am at a loss with regards to your review heading at how you would rather stay in the car!

With regards to your comments about my staff and their oral English our reception staff are actually English and from Gloucester?

The hotel opened brand new and whilst I agree we have experienced teething problems like any new hotel I do feel you have over exaggerated in your review.

All our rooms are cleaned and maintained to a high standard, each room has tea and coffee facilities, free wifi, 42 inch plasma televisions and a complimentary continental breakfast. I understand that the rate you paid was £40?

I am sorry we have not met your expectations on this occasion and I would like to thank you for your response.

Regards

Darren J Gillen
regional Manager
Metro Inns Ltd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quedgeley
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester South
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
#2 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to The Orchard Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Orchard Hotel Gloucester

Property: The Orchard Hotel Gloucester
Address: Olympus Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester GL2 4NF, England (Formerly Siesta Inn Gloucester)
Region: United Kingdom > England > Cotswolds > Gloucester > Quedgeley
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quedgeley
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — The Orchard Hotel Gloucester 2.5*
The Orchard Hotel has 60 bedrooms all with En-Suite facilities. Close to many shops and pubs and on the bus route into Gloucester. We are situated close to the M5 motorway and only a 10minute drive into the historical town of Gloucester with its many shops, restaurants and bars. There are many places to visit including the Cathedral, Museums and the Historical Docks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Orchard Hotel Gloucester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Orchard Hotel Gloucester Quedgeley, Gloucestershire