“Perfect overnight stay”

The Orchard Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Quedgeley
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Wasnt sure what to expect for £40, but it was bright, clean and modern and well worth a stay to break up a long journey. Compact room but enough space for what we needed and a 42 TV to watch in bed! would reconmend and stay again, cereal and Juice on a tray outside your door is another good touch and kept us going untill brunch!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Darren G, General Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Metro Inns Gloucester and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this budget hotel and was pleasantly surprised. It is spotless. The large 42 plasma is a bonus. My mate and I forgot to order breakfast but this was brought to our room in minutes. It was a hot evening and air conditioning would make this perfect. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who was a comfortable bed, a clean and spotless. Well done metro Gloucester.

• Stayed: August 2012
Darren G, General Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Metro Inns Gloucester and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Metro Inns - Gloucester

Reviewed 4 August 2012

this was the first time we have stayed at a metro inn, but you can be assured it will not be the last. having only payed a modest amount £40 [including a continental breakfast] we apprensive about the hotel. when we arrived all our worries very quickly vanished, we recieved a 5 star welcome from the gentleman on reception,[ he was a gentleman in the true meaning of the word] on entering our room we were very impressed by the quality of the fitments and decopr including a 42" tv on the wall. we have stayed in a number of " budget" hotels but the metro inn knocked spots off them all. This is a " budget" hotel with a 4/5 star staff and welcome . Only problem was no plug near to kettle on dressing table

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Darren G, General Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Metro Inns Gloucester.
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Currently staying in this hotel for 4 nights.

The room is one of the smallest i have stayed in but perfectly adequate. The bathroom is spotless with a lovely powerful shower, but no bath which is not the end of the world. The beds are so comfortable and a pleasure to sleep in. There is a HUGE flat screen samsung TV which again is incredible. The bad points of the room are there are no seating so hard to do hair/make up for the ladies etc. It is clean but high points like top of the TV and top of the headboards and the metal clothes storage thing and the back of the fan are incredibly dusty and would take only a few seconds to run a duster over. It can also get quite hot, but there is a window and a fan which serves a purpose.

There are plenty of spaces for car parking (which is FREE!!!!!!!) and also FREE...... WiFi (did i mention its FREE.)

The staff are all lovely, I don't think the receptionist ever goes home shes always here but is incredibly friendly and a true pro at her job. There is also an abundance of leaflets of the local area which is in the perfect location and very relevant to the surrounding area.

The breakfast is FREE (again another FREE) and consists of mini box of cereal, fruit juice, milk, yogurt and fruit which is very nice of the hotel to offer this. And nothing to be moaning about in the slightest. It does get left outside your door but is it such an effort to get up and get it.

The only things I could suggest is that fridges are placed in rooms, the cleaners do high areas, the cleaners get given a dirty linen trolley as it doesn't look good all scattered in the corridors and maybe a few less plug ins as they are everywhere and although the hotel smells amazing, the fresh flowers are maybe enough ?

All in all for the price of this hotel it is superb, it would be an idea for the directors to add a bar/sports bar/snack place in the hotel for guests to unwind in maybe an idea and a money spinner.

From now on if there is a metro inn in an area im visiting it will be my only choice of hotel as it beats premier inn, travel lodge and Hiltons hands down !!!

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
I have noted your comments regarding high areas and dirty linen,which I am addressing to the housekeeping staff for immediate improvement.

We appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to continue to meet the expectations of our guests and give you the best possible service.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

To begin with had some complications over the room, we had booked a twin and were given 1 key for a dbl room, after going back down to find out what was going on i was told they had ran out of twins and me and my mate had been given 2 dbl rooms instead, we were not given the key for the 2nd dbl on arrival though, but i found this to be a very good compremise from the staff espec for the money we had paid. The rooms were very clean indead and very comfy and the big tvs were a huge plus. All the staff i found to be very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast though complimentry is a bit of a let down but when its complimentry i cant complain to much.

The only downside to the hotel is the lack of any public area meaning me and my mate spent most nights at the travel inn down the road with our other freinds. But that being said the hotel is ideal for those that are out for most of the day and just need a room which is what we doing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit.
I am sorry for the complications regarding your room booking,but I am glad to hear that you were happy with the compromise we offered.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

My wife and myself stayed in the Metro Inn Gloucester just for the one night as we were travelling up from Torquay to Scotland and could not believe the standard of the hotel it was fantastic. It was spotlessly clean, tidy and comfortable the staff were excellent and friendly and we were made so welcome considering the hotel was so busy staff still took time to talk to you. The breakfast that we received again was great and its included in the price what can I say but thank you for such a pleasent stay wouldn't hesitate to stay again!! ...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Darren G, General Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor website.

I am so pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations, and that the team were friendly and helpful during your stay with us.It is always great to hear that our guests had an enjoyable stay.

Once again, thank you for the review regarding your recent stay.

Myself and all the team are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I am writing this from the room on the last night of a 4 night Business Stay.

I have stayed in more hotels than most and this one is a Gem, forget Travelodge etc the service here is just excellent, the staff would not be out of place in a 5* hotel!

Room : Spotless
Bathroom : Spotless
Bed : Comfy
TV : Huge! biggest I have seen in a hotel
Service : Perfect

Remember this is a travel style place, you will get the odd person letting the door slam, you get that everywhere, yes the breakfast is in your room and continental, thats more than you get in a Travelodge or Premier Inn and it is FREE ( If they didn't serve any breakfast the same people would still be unhappy)

This place ticks all the boxes and serves its purpose perfectly.

The one Massive bonus, for me, is free wifi in my room!! Unbelievable at the price! Full strength on the 1st floor and plenty fast enough to stream a film! You wouldnt get that at the others mentioned, even if you paid for it! Believe me I spent 14 months in a Travelodge whilst working!

Simply superb all round value oh and plenty of free parking as well

Highly recommended

Room Tip: I am in room 26 and very pleased with that one, can't comment any further really