“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Quedgeley
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had to stay in Gloucester while work was done to our car and found this very comfortable hotel with helpful staff. The beds were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was delicious. There was a big TV in the room. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and the bus stop to the centre of Gloucester is very close. It is not a family hotel, though. There is no restaurant in the hotel and the breakfast is brought to the room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurate S, Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This Hotel is very good if you are on a business trip and you just want to have a nap somewhere for one night on a reasonable price. This Hotel is definitely not good for couples or family only if you can't find anything else. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy. You can have your continental breakfast in your room for only £3. I guess it was a bit noisy from the corridor and you can hear the closing doors outside. It's a busy Hotel full of people, we got the last two rooms. The car park was full as well so we had to park on the street. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Entering the hotel I was greeted by a not so happy receptionist who was less than helpful with checking in regarding payment and breakfast and was unable to speak coherent English. I later found that the hotel doesn't have a dining room and instead delivers a tray of breakfast items in the morning, to which I opted for a cafe in the morning.
The room itself is small and very basic - no air conditioning, although fan is provided and ended up an essential to keep the humidity in the room down during the night. There were plenty of tea and coffee, but I was less than impressed to find basic toiletries were missing. No hand soap or air fresheners in the bathroom were provided which I found very odd.
There is a large TV in the room with Freeview channels available although only a handful worked. The smell however of smoke in the room was a disgrace. I asked another staff member at reception on my way out to dinner only to be ignored. The entire corridor on the first floor smelt strongly of cannabis which the staff did not see to. Signage for a ‘non-smoking establishment’ is only provided at the front door, not in the corridors, rooms or the outer grounds of the hotel. The sign says ‘smoking on these premises is illegal and prohibited’ yet in some reviews the management say they allow customers to smoke in designated rooms. However I was not informed of this and being highly asthmatic, I had a terrible night’s sleep. During the night, I did go downstairs to enquire about moving to a smoke free area but the gentleman on the front desk was very rude, made me feel very unwelcome so I left the matter.
Overall I would not recommend this hotel. It was an experience to say the least and next time I am in Gloucester I will be returning to the faithful Holiday Inn or Premier Inn, at least then I will receive some customer service!!

Room Tip: Smoky and un-friendly, go straight to a Holiday or Premier Inn for a good nights sleep and quality c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester.

I am sorry to hear that the room you were allocated was not up to your standards. Please allow us to ensure you that we do follow the Law and we do have all of the correct Non-Smoking signage in place around the hotel and in our bedrooms. I have never mention in any reviews that we have smoking rooms and that we allow costumers to smoke on the premises.

As within every hotel some guests do not respect our Non Smoking policy and do smoke in our rooms, but for this they do always incur a charge. Can I please apologize that the room allocated to you had the stale smell of smoke.

Hotels description on the website clearly says that we do not have dining room and breakfast is served in room only. I am sorry to hear that staff did not advise you on this.

I am surprised to hear that you found our staff rude,but please accept my apology for this.

I have taken all your comments into consideration and once again I would like to thank you for your time.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room was small and the beds (two singles as there was no twin available) were squeaky but comfortable enough. Clean and tidy hotel, out of town but just a short drive to the centre. Good value for money. Big flat screen tv on the wall but we didn't use it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurate S, Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

It cheap clean and ideal for if your just looking for some where to rest your head, close to major routes, Tesco supermarket is less than a mile away. There are also a few pubs on the B4008 in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Orchard Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Not great, not terrible. Some reviews I read are really high, this I find difficult to understand. Some say it's terrible and this for me is also difficult to understand.
The staff are friendly. I came across 4 members of staff in the 2 night stay that I had here and they were very pleasant, smiley and happy.
The room is very very basic. But you do get free wifi and the shower was nice and powerful, if a bit cramped.
The bed was not the most comfortable. I didn't sleep great. The curtains are awful and thin and by 4.30am the room was fully illuminated by the sun!
No air conditioning and boy was the room blooming hot. There was a fan in the room though and I had to sleep with the window open. The hotel is near a busy main rod so this made it very noisy.
There is some kind of work going on in the car park which kicked off even more noise at 7.30am, not appreciated. On top of this it meant parking spaces were at a premium and I ended up, along with others, having to park outside on the road.
The lift was out of order both days I was there. Surely it doesn't take that long to fix a lift...? Or maybe it's a cost saving thing... Walking up and down stairs in a hotel with no air conditioning...hmmm...
Lastly I question safety...! The doors are very 'thin' and they are not fire doors with no fire strips. I think this should be looked at...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin M

I appreciate the feedback and please rest assured that we take all comments on board.

I would like to reassure you that we do follow fire safety regulations and all the doors in the hotel are fire doors. We would not be able to operate as business without it. In the new buildings most of the fire doors have seals inside the door frames. When exposed to the heat, seals expand sealing the gap between the door and the frame.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

The Orchard Hotel
Gloucester

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was a clean comfortable room and a very good price, Breakfast delivered to your room for £3 pp.
We come quite often as our son lives nearby. We are not aware if there is a choice of bedrooms as this is not listed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jurate S, Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

The Orchard Hotel Gloucester

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quedgeley
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12
Hatton Court Hotel
Hatton Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to The Orchard Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!