“Weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quedgeley
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel last weekend and found it to be very clean & comfortable, the staff were very friendly, helpful & efficient. The breakfast was really good.All in all exceptionally good value .We would definitely stay here again & recommend it.Thank you

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurate S, Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Orchard Hotel Gloucester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is a very basic hotel to say the least. The bathroom is very small with an extremely small shower cubical to go with it, and none of the basic toiletries that are usually available in your budget premier inns and travel-lodges. When we returned to the hotel after an evening out we happened to be greeted with the receptionist having a little domestic with her boyfriend. Not exactly the warm welcome you would expect!! Now as for the bed, give me a concrete floor any day, the mattress was very lumpy, but the following morning I realised that this was most likely caused by the bed being supported with cardboard and wooden blocks!! The furniture was tacky, faux leather brothel red, how luxurious is that??? The only good thing I can say is the size of the TV on thewall, however this wasn't central to bed which meant sitting with with your head twisted to watch the TV.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Craig S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Orchard Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.
I have sent you a private message to get some more information regarding ''domestic fight in reception'', as looking back at the CCTV I was not able to see anything . Unfortunately, I have not heard from you back... I am also surprised about your comment regarding your bed and a cardboard supporting it! I believe you stayed in room 23, and after inspecting the bed I could not see any cardboard or wooden blocks.

Once again, thank you for your review and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Bruton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had to stay in Gloucester while work was done to our car and found this very comfortable hotel with helpful staff. The beds were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was delicious. There was a big TV in the room. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and the bus stop to the centre of Gloucester is very close. It is not a family hotel, though. There is no restaurant in the hotel and the breakfast is brought to the room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurate S, Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this review, 2 August 2014

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This Hotel is very good if you are on a business trip and you just want to have a nap somewhere for one night on a reasonable price. This Hotel is definitely not good for couples or family only if you can't find anything else. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy. You can have your continental breakfast in your room for only £3. I guess it was a bit noisy from the corridor and you can hear the closing doors outside. It's a busy Hotel full of people, we got the last two rooms. The car park was full as well so we had to park on the street. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Entering the hotel I was greeted by a not so happy receptionist who was less than helpful with checking in regarding payment and breakfast and was unable to speak coherent English. I later found that the hotel doesn't have a dining room and instead delivers a tray of breakfast items in the morning, to which I opted for a cafe in the morning.
The room itself is small and very basic - no air conditioning, although fan is provided and ended up an essential to keep the humidity in the room down during the night. There were plenty of tea and coffee, but I was less than impressed to find basic toiletries were missing. No hand soap or air fresheners in the bathroom were provided which I found very odd.
There is a large TV in the room with Freeview channels available although only a handful worked. The smell however of smoke in the room was a disgrace. I asked another staff member at reception on my way out to dinner only to be ignored. The entire corridor on the first floor smelt strongly of cannabis which the staff did not see to. Signage for a ‘non-smoking establishment’ is only provided at the front door, not in the corridors, rooms or the outer grounds of the hotel. The sign says ‘smoking on these premises is illegal and prohibited’ yet in some reviews the management say they allow customers to smoke in designated rooms. However I was not informed of this and being highly asthmatic, I had a terrible night’s sleep. During the night, I did go downstairs to enquire about moving to a smoke free area but the gentleman on the front desk was very rude, made me feel very unwelcome so I left the matter.
Overall I would not recommend this hotel. It was an experience to say the least and next time I am in Gloucester I will be returning to the faithful Holiday Inn or Premier Inn, at least then I will receive some customer service!!

Room Tip: Smoky and un-friendly, go straight to a Holiday or Premier Inn for a good nights sleep and quality c...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear that the room you were allocated was not up to your standards. Please allow us to ensure you that we do follow the Law and we do have all of the correct Non-Smoking signage in place around the hotel and in our bedrooms. I have never mention in any reviews that we have smoking rooms and that we allow costumers to smoke on the premises.

As within every hotel some guests do not respect our Non Smoking policy and do smoke in our rooms, but for this they do always incur a charge. Can I please apologize that the room allocated to you had the stale smell of smoke.

Hotels description on the website clearly says that we do not have dining room and breakfast is served in room only. I am sorry to hear that staff did not advise you on this.

I am surprised to hear that you found our staff rude,but please accept my apology for this.

I have taken all your comments into consideration and once again I would like to thank you for your time.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room was small and the beds (two singles as there was no twin available) were squeaky but comfortable enough. Clean and tidy hotel, out of town but just a short drive to the centre. Good value for money. Big flat screen tv on the wall but we didn't use it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jurate S, Manager at The Orchard Hotel Gloucester, responded to this review, 27 June 2014

gloucester
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It cheap clean and ideal for if your just looking for some where to rest your head, close to major routes, Tesco supermarket is less than a mile away. There are also a few pubs on the B4008 in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at The Orchard Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Orchard Hotel Gloucester
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quedgeley
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#11 of 21 in Gloucester
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,542 reviews

Been to The Orchard Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!