“A Nice Find”

The Little Thatch Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Quedgeley
Reviewed 8 March 2013

A good alternative to the other predictable business hotels in the area. I was staying overnight on business and the thought of a same room as always clinical business hotel did not appeal. I stayed here had a good time, some local real ale in the nice country bar good service and a great breakfast, all for a value price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
MrsMcDougall, Manager at The Little Thatch Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Good Morning
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here. It is lovely to note that you enjoyed your breakfast and the service. I am also glad you enjoyed the real ale, we try to ensure that we have at least one locally sourced real ale on at all times. Hopefully we can welcome you to the Little Thatch again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I arrived in the snow to a lovely warm fire lit bar, a very friendly member of staff took me to my room. Lovely and clean and comfy. I awoke to no hair dryer only to be told to walk to reception to get one- with my hair in a towel.....I don't think so! Breakfast room was absolutely freezing, waitress miserable (unless you were a man). Breakfast was nice though. I would stay again ..... In summer!

• Stayed: January 2013
MrsMcDougall, Manager at The Little Thatch Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave youe comments. I am very glad you liked your room; we are always striving to ensure our rooms are cleaned to a high standard. We have changed hotel policies since reading your comments and now hairdryers etc will be delivered to the room. We are currently making changes to how we serve our breakfasts, so hopefully next time you come we will get this spot on for you.
I looki forward to welcoming you back on your next visit
Mrs McDougall

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stay here whilst visiting family who live in Quedgeley. Felt compelled to write this as I have never had a bad stay here. The staff have always looked after us and we have never felt like an inconvenience. We enjoy the food and the rooms are basic but clean with nice bedding and a very nice mattress. Breakfast is always good but there is only a 2 hour slot so best to ask them when they anticipate being busy and work around it. The bar is very social in the evening with friendly locals (although not very busy).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank K H

Good Afternoon
Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review of our hotel. I am pleased that the staff were helpful at all times and nothing was too much trouble. Our staff are always determined to give the best possible customer service and enjoy ensuring our guests are well looked after.
We look forward to welcoming you back, next time you are visiting family.
Mrs McDougall

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

It has all the basics you need and is close to the motorway, big Tesco and a few restaurants. Management friendly enough and big breakfast was fine but nothing to write home about. It is clean, has free wifi and a cute pub attached to the hotel. We found it to be good value.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kjm107
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We stayed here for one night in December 2012. We arrived late to a welcome of "we thought you weren't coming".

The room smelled musty and would have benefited from redecoration, but the bed was comfortable.

There were various dire warning signs in the room, against smoking or eating in the room, which reinforced the impression that the hotel was run purely for the convenience of the staff.

Breakfast was good but service ended too early (8.45am on Christmas Eve morning).

Whilst getting ready to leave, the chamber maid knocked on our door three times to see if we had left yet. When we said we were told to leave the room by 11.00 am, she said "no, no not 11.00 ... Okay we'll say 11 today then" as if she were doing us a favour.

Visitors are a bit of an inconvenience really! We won't be back.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Sherryl62
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed here for the 2nd time last week whilst visiting the area on work.

Whilst the rooms could do with a little updating - the service, good food, friendly atmosphere more than made up it

I ate in the bar, and spent the evening there with my laptop, 'J' the friendly barman and a few regulars who were good for a bit of banter and friendly chat about the local history etc

I'll be back

Cheers

Neil

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Neil F
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This Hotel was absolutely lovely they were so welcoming when came in to the hotel , love the pub downstairs nice and quiet with the locals , beer and drinks are at a reasonable price. The food was absolutely gorgeous all home made , breakfast was lovely too. The bed was so comfy and we didn't want to get out of it.

We will defiantly be staying again :)))))))))))))

Room Tip: Im sure every room will be lovely