“Great Find & Bike Friendly ”
Review of The White House

The White House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadwell
The White House
Ranked #1 of 1 Broadwell B&B and Inns
“Great Find & Bike Friendly ”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Great little B&B I found on google. Margaret responded to my email enquiry quickly and was happy to accommodate my bike which I wanted to keep inside due to its value.

Room rates were very good at £30 for a night as a single person.

The room albeit it small was perfectly sized for me, with an en-suite shower room, wash basin and toilet. The complimentary banana bread that was in then room upon arrival was also a nice touch. The bed was very hard though. This isn't a negative just an observation.

The breakfast had many options and like most I opted for the full English. The breakfast it's self was very good and quite large, fresh coffee aplenty and attentive service throughout.

Overall I really think this is a little gem and ideal for anyone wanting to stay local to the FOD centre. It's literally 5 mins away and they are a bike friendly place. I even washed my bike there :).

Thanks

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Philip B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

A great good value place to stay! Clean and well furnished, en-suite rooms, with everything you will need for a comfy stay. Wonderful breakfast spread and a range of times to take it. Friendly, attentive, caring hosts. Great Locations in the Forest of Dean. We stayed there as we were attending a funeral at the Forest Crematorium which is just 5 mins drive away. We would stay again, and recommend to others.

Room Tip: This property is on a corner, with roads on two sides. Traffic noise could be heard from within the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Camborne
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My young lad and I have spent many enjoyable weekends/ mid week breaks at the White House in Coleford over the past 8 years and we keep returning! Our hosts, Margaret and Tony have always treated us so well and my son had his first croissant for breakfast at the White House when he was just 2 years old!
There is plenty of off road parking outside and the house and rooms are warm and welcoming. I think we've stayed in every room over the years and each time it has been very well presented, clean and echoing other reviews, cakes greet you on arrival and are topped up each day with a fresh supply of biscuits. Tea and coffee supplied in the room, hair dryer local information of food houses and things to do can be found everywhere. The rooms are en suite and fresh towels are supplied on arrival. I've never had a bad night's sleep there and the bedding is freshly ironed too! Its all clean and warm.
Breakfast is a well designed menu to accommodate everybody. Choice of juice,tea,coffee, yogurt,cereal, 4 types of cooked egg, full farm house breakfast - full or part, its all cooked to order, hot, fresh and very tasty! It really sets you up for the day.
We've grown to be very fond of Margaret and Tony over the years and every time we come back, its like coming back home :-) Nothing is too much bother for them. Thank you both. Helen & Adam, Cornwall.

Room Tip: The respect, kindness and hospitality that Margaret & Tony show their guests will leave you want...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Trucky99
Verwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed at The White House for 2 nights as I was attending a course in Cinderford, which is a 10 minute drive from here.
My room was well furnished, spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable with en suite shower, toilet and hand basin.
I am Gluten Free which was not a problem for my hosts, and was offered G.F. bread for toast and G.F.home made chocolate cookies in my room ( a very welcome treat!).
Nothing was too much trouble and Margaret and Tony certainly make you a very welcome guest and 'go the extra mile' to make sure that your stay is a memorable one.
I for one will be staying again. So many thanks for a super stay. Eileen

Room Tip: I stayed in a single ground floor room at the rear of the property.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eileen M G G
St Albans
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have just completed two nights at this delightful B & B. The owners are very nice and easy todeal with and share a sence of humour. They are also very helpful in giving local information an willing to telephone for you without any prompting. The place is very clean, tidy and comfortable. The breakfast is tailored to your requirments and plentyful and hearty. We certainly intend to stay there again the next time we are in the area. They have a Single/Double/Twin bed and a family room available.

Room Tip: Four rooms available. A Single, a double, a twin bed and a family room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheOldBoyStAlbans
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was down for my Grandsons Christening, the B&B was suggested by my Daughter, the communication with the owners was first class even before we had arrived. I was met by the owners who I must say were excellent Hosts, maybe it is because they know how to treat you in Yorkshire! The room was excellent and spacious, the on suit was a shower and toilet and hand basin which was just right for us, Breakfast was just right to set you up for the Day, with a choice of times between 0730 to 0900, Should I need to stay that way again that will be the first port of call. Excellent service and value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave H
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I spent a week here just recently and found everything very pleasant. The proprietors were very friendly and knowledgeable and the room was just right - comfortable and spacious. Again, the cakes provided were a lovely touch. Breakfast was just right and kept me going until beyond lunch, including days when I was out cycling. The location is ideal for seeing the Forest of Dean and other lovely places in the Wye Valley. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: I had a very nice twin room which faced the garden, which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadwell
Bells Hotel and the Forest of Dean Golf & Bowls Club
#2 of 10 in Coleford
Stowfield Barn
Stowfield Barn
#1 of 2 in Newland

Been to The White House? Share your experiences!