“Great day out for kids - and fantastic butchers to boot!”

The Butts Farm Rare Breeds
Camberley
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great day out for kids - and fantastic butchers to boot!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just got back from another great visit - kids had a great time - feeding lambs, goats, milking goats, riding ponies and playing on the pirate ship. We ate our packed lunch in the sunshine on the provided benches and finished off our day with a cream tea in the tea shop. Now looking forward to some nice rare breed rump steak from Gary's butchers on site - I also did a butchery day there a while back which comes highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AndrewGJ

Lechlade, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Closed during half term”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I also had a similar experience to the other reviewer who also took their kids to find the farm closed (despite the website saying different). I also asked on the shop and was quire rudely told to go elsewhere. Very disappointing.

Visited October 2013
25 Thank Paula W
Boston, Lincs
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Don't bother - A complete waste of time and rude, uncaring staff”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were on holiday in Cirencester and my daughter wanted to go to a farm park. This was the nearest. We drove down to it to find the park shut during half term. When we asked in the shop, we were told that because Gloucestershire was not on half term it was not worth opening and paying staff. When I asked about children on holiday from outside the area whose half term was different, I was told that they were not really important but the following week, when the local children were on holiday they would be open - the following week, my daughter would be back at school. I suggested that they were not interested in attracting tourists into the park and were only interested in the local children. The man in the shop got argumentative and rude and stated again that they would only open the following week. If they are not paying staff........who is looking after the animals.........?
I would not suggest that people visit this attraction. We then drove all the way up to Adam Henson's Cotswold'S Farm Park, here the staff made us feel welcome, they made a fuss of my daughter and nothing was too much trouble for them. We had a fantastic day and would suggest if faced with the decision of where to go, drive up towards Stow-On-The-Wold and visit Adam Henson's Farm Park.

Visited October 2013
30 Thank StephenMcL
Plymouth, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lots of pigs”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was a fairly nice place to visit for about an hour or so. Lots of different pigs plus a few other animals wandering around. There was a shop on site to buy meat etc and also a small café. Not bad.

Visited September 2013