The Butts Farm Rare Breeds, Farm Shop and Tea Room
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Disappointing farm park attractien. While there heard a woman worker swearing at another worker. Don't want to hear that when I take my 4 year old out for the afternoon. Place is too expensive for what is there also.

24  Thank Phillip W
in 2 reviews
"visitors"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We visited on the 19th April with my 3 children and stepdad. Although a small farm, I would recommend a visit if wanting to go somewhere local and for a short trip. The staff were friendly, and most impressive to me was the extra activities being included in the price, and not rushed! I've previously visited farms where my children have missed out on 'feeding times' due to the number of people wanting to feed the animals, but this wasn't the case here and the staff made sure everyone got a turn. They even put on Donkey and Pony rides for the children! Feed was given to the children (free of charge) which is a nice extra touch. Definitely recommend the farm for a trip out for a few hours. . . Only downside being its not big enough to spend a whole day :( Keep up the good work though - we will definitely be back in the future (especially as my 4 year old cried when we had to leave!)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just got back from another great visit - kids had a great time - feeding lambs, goats, milking goats, riding ponies and playing on the pirate ship. We ate our packed lunch in the sunshine on the provided benches and finished off our day with a cream tea in the tea shop. Now looking forward to some nice rare breed rump steak from Gary's butchers on site - I also did a butchery day there a while back which comes highly recommended.

1  Thank AndrewGJ
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I also had a similar experience to the other reviewer who also took their kids to find the farm closed (despite the website saying different). I also asked on the shop and was quire rudely told to go elsewhere. Very disappointing.

26  Thank Paula W
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were on holiday in Cirencester and my daughter wanted to go to a farm park. This was the nearest. We drove down to it to find the park shut during half term. When we asked in the shop, we were told that because Gloucestershire was not on half term it was not worth opening and paying staff. When I asked about children on holiday from outside the area whose half term was different, I was told that they were not really important but the following week, when the local children were on holiday they would be open - the following week, my daughter would be back at school. I suggested that they were not interested in attracting tourists into the park and were only interested in the local children. The man in the shop got argumentative and rude and stated again that they would only open the following week. If they are not paying staff........who is looking after the animals.........?
I would not suggest that people visit this attraction. We then drove all the way up to Adam Henson's Cotswold'S Farm Park, here the staff made us feel welcome, they made a fuss of my daughter and nothing was too much trouble for them. We had a fantastic day and would suggest if faced with the decision of where to go, drive up towards Stow-On-The-Wold and visit Adam Henson's Farm Park.

31  Thank StephenMcL