I stayed here for a friend's wedding, for which as part of a bulk booking there was a discounted room rate. I read the reviews before coming and felt more than a little trepidation (as some reviews are very negative) but I needn't have worried - I found the experience really good.
All the staff I met during my two-night stay were friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely happy to help.
I actually stayed in a self-catering apartment (although had bed and breakfast) and the accommodation) had everything you could need, although I was a little cold on the second night as the blanket was quite thin.
The room was immaculately clean and very spacious. I agree that the decor lacks a little in character (this is not a country house hotel) - however for a modern hotel it was very comfortable and everything worked well.
Apart from the wedding food (which was delicious but I'm not sure if outside caterers were used), I had the breakfast on the second morning - which was very nice. There was a small mix-up in that the breakfast staff did not think breakfast was included - but I just added this to my room tab which was easily (and quickly) rectified by the check-out staff when I left.
I also had a spa treatment which was very good and Catrina, the lady who did my manicure, was lovely.
I was in several of the conference rooms throughout the weekend for various parts of the wedding and, while I had nothing to do with the organisation and don't know how it was supposed to work, it appeared to run very smoothly.
The bride and groom looked blissfully happy throughout the event and the guests all enjoyed themselves tremendously - I heard no complaints from anyone I spoke to and at approximately 500 guests, the hotel staff had a lot of people to please.
If I had any suggestions it would be that the signage for the apartments (they have over 700 rooms) should be a bit clearer. My room was further away from the main hotel and signs seemed to dry up after 500. In the end I went back to reception and someone happily showed me to my room, after which I found my own way about.
Oh and the views over the lakes are sensational.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park Cotswolds/South Cerney