I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. We stayed over Valentines weekend, which was very busy. On arrival, the hotel was spotlessly clean with plenty of parking. Our room was on the first floor and was extremely spacious with a massive double bed. The duvet was thick and there were extra pillows available if desired. The room was warm, with a safe and tea and coffee facilities, as well as a trouser press, iron and hairdryer.The bathroom was small but perfectly functional and fine with a good, hot shower.
We ate in the restaurant that night and were able to mix and match from two menus which suited us better for choice. The staff were very courteous and professional at all times and the dinner was delicious. The booking had included breakfast and dinner, which was worth doing as dinner would have been quite expensive.
The pool was nice, and although not huge for the size of the hotel, it did have a large steam room (which wasn't the steamiest!) a sauna and 2 hot bed things, as well as a choice of showers and an array of seating. The pool also has designated times for children, which are early in the mornings and later in the afternoons.
On the Saturday we went to a valentines dinner in the hotel which had to be booked separately. It was well worth going to as the food was amazing for all 5 courses and had a harpist followed by a disco after dinner. They really pushed the boat out in terms of food and service, with great attention paid to details such as table decorations and we had a great night. I am sure other events here would be approached in a similar fashion.
The buffet breakfast was very well cooked and tasty although we did have to queue for around ten minutes. There are signs around the hotel to warn you that queues are expected unless you plan to eat really early. You are able to order extras such as vegetarian sausages, poached eggs and kippers, which was good. Breakfast was extremely busy and although you could tell that the staff were rushed off their feet they remained courteous in all of their dealings with us. There was a vast array of choice, with lots of cereals, yoghurts, fruits, pastries and cooked bits-they had thought of everything!
The spa was lovely and seemed to be quite large with lots of therapists, leading to a bit of an impersonal feel. The treatments were quite pricy but were lovely, I had the 55 minute relaxer body massage with a heated bed and a lovely thick duvet.
The only negatives were that there always seemed to be a queue for reception and that the bar area/lobby was always busy and therefore quite noisy, as well as the queue for breakfast.
On the plus side, the food was delicious, worth the wait, the room was large and the setting is beautiful with the lake. The staff were always very pleasant and professional and there always seemed to be a good presence which is essential for a hotel of this size and we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park Cotswolds/South Cerney