This is a beautiful hotel, with fantastic countryside surrounding, the staff are truly fantastic but there is a but. The food was consistently cold .. yes they were catering for a large conference, but even so, food kept in buffet trays should be hot, so lunch was tepid? The evening meal the chef obviously went awol during the creation of the dessert, as it was stale, hard, tasteless, and inedible. How can someone serve a truly appalling pudding for a special dinner? No, that one escapes me completely. Such a shame and so unnecessary. My breakfast this morning could have been much more, the fruit salad was too chunky - smaller piece of fruit would have been appreciated. Hot or even warm bacon would have been nice. The eggs were ok, the fried bread was cold - so maybe the hot buffet trays whose lids were burning hot, needed to be hot inside as well? Not really good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park Cotswolds/South Cerney