Second time here as part of NAPF conference. Awful. Service from reception staff abominable. Asked for a room with a view - couldn't help despite the fact there was 24 hours before the conference. Was told all rooms had been allocated. Spoke to manager who apologised and assigned room. NO VIEw.
Rooms have NO air conditioning and so with the recent hot spell I was able to get no sleep despite all windows open.
Bathroom not clean. Bath has nasty fabric shower curtain which sticks to your body leaving goodness knows what bacteria.
Food - Appaling. Brasserie food outdated, not catering for all food types.
The so called pub next door. Daylight robbery. Asked for cheese slate with three chesses. When It came each was a teaspoon in size. £ matchsticks of celery and less than a halp pence size of quince cheese. All for the hefty sum of £9.99. Thoroughly disgusted. All this and the fact that you stick to the tables. Cleanliness is not one of this hotel's strong points. What made our stay worse was that on our travels throughout the cotswolds it seems that this hotel has quite a disturbing reputations. From cheltenham to Cirencester to Tetbury to even the locals in South Cerney noone has a good word for the place.
Quite a few of us on the conference are determined that next year the conference will not be here,
The staff at the hotel fail to see we are a group who all know and speak to each other. Our other conference in Edinburgh in March reigns supreme.
Please take our advise. Go somewhere else. There are wonderful places in the cotswolds.
Most dreadful breakfast. Slimy greasy egg. two thin very nasty sausages. I pushed it away as most of us did.
Finally. There is so much chlorine and bleach in the pool area my eyes are still irritated, swollen and red despite using the pool two days ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park Cotswolds/South Cerney