This is a very large hotel with a really good spa. We had a twin room which was really comfortable and stylish but unfortunately right behind the reception desk on the ground floor. This meant it was loud as the bar is part of the reception area and had a high vaulted ceiling. Also everyone had to walk past our room right into the early hours. However the silver lining is that we were able to connect to the wi-fi only available in the lobby - in our room! The view of the lake is lovely and you can take your drinks outside to sit on the decking. We would have liked to have stepped out onto the decking but it was a window not a french door. The spa was good and had plenty of facilities to occupy us - top quality and everything was in working order. Staff were friendly but the bar staff seemed 'awkward' and didn't have much customer rapport. Friendly reception staff though. The food in the restaurant was good but just one issue - I bought a room deal including breakfast and dinner. I was told that I had to chose from the set menu, but could get a starter (equivalent to £5) and main meal (£10) of the larger menu and then pay any difference. I decided to have a starter off the main menu. After I checked out I noticed on my bill I had been charged £5.95 for the starter instead of the extra £0.95 that I expected. I would go back there but would be careful about ordering off the main menu and check the bill more closely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park Cotswolds/South Cerney