“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Cerney
England
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

As soon as you arrive you can feel the relaxtion wave over you.

I have stayed at this hotel three times now. Twice within the hotel as part of the overnight spa package and once in the self catering apartments. All three occasions were brilliant.

The hotel has a modern yet relaxed comfortable feleing to it. In the lobby there a lots of comfortabel seats where you can coffees etc and there are big windows letting lots of natural light in.

The hotel rooms and the apartments are furnished to a high quality standard. The hotel rooms have lagre beds, chairs, flat screen TVs so all you need in the room. The same for the apartments with the added bonus of a well equiped kitchen and lounge.

On one occasion when I stayed int he hotel room and when I stayed in the apartment I had Lake View, this help you to unwind being able to sit in your room with beautiful views. Definately worth requesting on booking.

The pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room at to the chilled out atmosphere and there are plenty of loungers to sit back and enjoy on. In the evening the pool it lit up in serene colours.

As part of the overnight spa package you get a 30 minute treatement. I have had both a back massage and facial, both fantasic. You are even given robes and slippers to wear, an added bonus!!!

Again with the overnight spa package you get breakfast and dinner if you want to pay a little extra. Both are gorgous, especially the breakfast, there is everything you can possibly think of.

So overall a great stay which is why I keep going back and I always feel refreshed when I leave.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
4pillars, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Thank you for such a positive review. It is lovely to hear that you have returned and found the same high standards each time.
Kind Regards Juliet, Dom And Ewan. The Guest Relations Team. waterpark.grm@four-pillars.co.uk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

We have just returned from a lovely weekend at the Cotswolds Water Park Four Pillars hotel. Very easy to find from the main road although we had to park a fair way from reception. Check in was quick and easy and our Connoisseur room on the ground floor was exceptionally spacious. However the bathroom was tiny although clean. Appreciated the heated mirror to stop it misting when the shower was used.

We ate in the restaurant as part of our package and it was made perfectly clear that if we wanted to eat off the main menu then there was an allowance of £22.50 per person. It was not made quite so clear that although coffee is listed on the table d'hote menu this is not included in your meal price. Be careful. The service on the Friday night was very slow but on the Saturdy a little brisker. Both evenings they wanted to seat us at a table facing a wall - both evenings we insisted on moving to a nicer table.

Breakfast was good and although forewarned that it can be very busy we did not encounter this at all. We were shown immediately to a table both mornings.

The Spa was lovely and the treatment rooms were very comfortable. The pool was small but not busy outside of childrens swimming times. However - very very noisy when open to children - to be avoided!!

On the negative side the room (132) needed a little 'maintenance'. The door to the deck was nigh on impossible to open and made a most hideous grating noise. The wall light did not work. The towel rail was wobbly on the bathroom wall. We accidentally managed to knock a bedside light off the side table and smash the bulb. Resulting in glass on the carpet. We rang reception asking for this to be hoovered up. No one showed up to do this. I happened to be in the room when housekeeping called the following day. Again I asked for the glass to be cleared away and a new bulb provided. On returning an hour later the glass was still there and no new bulb. I then went to reception and expressed my concern that we still, over 24 hours later, had glass on our carpet. Finally a young man turned up with a hoover to clean it up. However no new bulb was ever sourced for us resulting in the fact we were 2 bulbs 'light' so to speak!!

Other than that we had a lovely relaxing stay and will definitely return in the spring.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
We are really pleased this couple had a relaxing weekend break and enjoyed the hotel at such a lovely time of year. For most of the year we offer two menus: Table D'hote and A la Carte which are thoroughly enjoyed by hotel guests and locals alike. For any maintenence issues we have a 24hour team to resolve problems as quickly as they occur.
Kind regards Juliet, Ewan, and Dom. The Guest Relations Team.
waterpark.grm@four-pillars.co.uk.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I was here for a confernce for a client and it could not of been a nicer place to stay. The rooms were great and new the view over the water park was a bonus.I woke in themorning to 4 herons standing on my balacony!
The food and service good and the staff vety helpful.I would stay here for a weekend beak it was soloveyw

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
4pillars, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this review, 25 September 2010
Thank you for such a positive review.
We are exceptionally lucky with the views and nature around us and long may the herons contuinue to welcome pour guests into the new day (althought the fishermen might not agree!).

Dom, Ewan & Juliet
The Guest Relations Team
waterpark.grm@four-pillars.co.uk
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

My partner and I booked a one bed apartment on a self catering basis at the complex due to the description on the website and what looked like gorgeous views. We thought it would also be a good location for exploring. However when we arrived we were told there were no lake view apartments left and we were really disappointed to have one that was a view of the car park. I had previously phoned the hotel to check about booking breakfast in advance as I knew it was £6 if you did that, or £12 if you just went along. I had been told it was fine just to pre-book it upon arrival and that would be £6. However, when we arrived and tried to book, they told us we had been misinformed and that it would be £12. After specifically taking the time to ring before, I'm afraid I stood my ground and finally was allowed to have the £6 breakfast.

The apartment was pleasant and fairly clean (although a few noticable areas that could have been better in the bathroom) but unfortunately did smell a bit. We were disappointed to find that there was no starter pack (i.e. cloths, washing up liquid or even one dishwasher tablet) just to see you through the first day so we had to go out almost immediately to get these things. One of the telephones didn't work either. The rooms had no character and reminded me of a slightly better Travelodge room.

The hotel/complex itself is pleasant enough but it really seemed to me that it was better suited to those attending a business trip, which I suppose was feasable as there was an adjoining conference centre. There were many workers checking in and out and the lounge area was often busy with small meetings. The location also supported this as it was close to main roads, although not near enough to be disrupted at all, in fact it was very quiet. We didn't get a chance to use the spa/pool facilities but they looked very nice.

I am so glad we didn't pay £12 per person for breakfast as it really would have been so disappointing to pay £24 for the two of us. There was a reasonable selection, cereals, fruit (although the bowl empty on each of our visits at around 9am), pastries and a buffet for a cooked breakfast, but they were just nothing special. For me on holiday, one of the best parts is the lovely breakfast in the morning but the cooked breakfast was actually cold and looked like it had been sitting there for a long time, the bread for toast couldn't have been any thinner and the pastries were flat and dry. However, service from staff was very pleasant and attentive.

We ate in the hotel brasserie restaurant one night which although did lack any kind of atmosphere, the food was delicious. You do pay for what you get though. We also ate in the gastro pub at the complex which was nice, but fairly small portions for the prices.

In terms of location, we personally felt quite disappointed as nothing is within walking distance which meant a lot of driving. I expected a Cotswold Hotel to be quaint and in a lovely area but this was literally just off a main road and really modern, as I say, more suited for the business traveller. I would highly recommend going to Bath for the day (although more motorway driving involved) and also Stow. We ate at The Queens Head in Stow which was fantastic - lovely food and brilliant customer service.

All in all, unfortunately it really didn't live up to our expectations. It will depend what you want out of a holiday but we found it quite expensive and impersonal and we did have a few problems. It would have been great to receive a map of local attractions on arrival and to have that personal touch. The hotel/complex is huge and you can really feel that.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this honest review.
We are always particuarly keen to have feedback about how we can improve our guests stays' with us. As such we have a dedicated team available 24-hours-a-day to respond to any details which you might wish to discuss. We also have a questionnaire available in all rooms for you to feedback information to us directly should you wish to pass us more detailed notes.

I am sorry to hear these particular guests' expectations were not met. Our booking systems are designed to provide you with the most accurate, up to date information available enabling our guests to arrive in full knowledge of the time of their spa treatments for instance, or when the best time to get to the pool is if you don't want to share it with children, or if you've chosen to eat in the one Rosette Old Boathouse Gastro Pub, or the regularly acclaimed Lakeside Brasserie and at what time.

We would ask that our guests carefully read the confirmation email / letter that is sent out so a visit can be as relaxed and enjoyable as both you and we could hope.

If you have any questions that we can assist you with please do not hesitae to get in touch.

Dom, Ewan & Juliet
The Guest Relations Team
waterpark.grm@four-pillars.co.uk
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

Well we stayed here just this last week and the location is pretty impressive.
Had a three night stay in a Connoisseur Room in the hotel, but having had a good look around the hotel has self catering apartments too, which give you more flexibility, but we stayed on B&B, which I'd recommend as opposed to the DB&B.

The hotel has a nice reception lounge area, which is very modern in feel and has a good selection of lunches available to order.

We ate in the restaurant on our first night as we travelled down and didn't want to venture out too far. The meal was pleasant, but the atmosphere in the restaurant is just lacking - The staff were fine, but it just didn't seem great. Note to Managers if you read this - Please put linen napkins in the restaurant at night - For a four star hotel it seemed a little canteen like and if the bar area is good enough for them the restaurant should be!

On our last night we ate in the Gastro Pub at the end of the hotel car park - This was great! The atmosphere was great with music and the service first class - If you eat in the hotel - Eat here! The menu is almost identical to the restaurant.
Check with the hotel if you DB&B whether you can eat here - If not do B&B only.

The room was nice and modern - Albeit the bathroom was a bit small - The room had an entrance hall, which seemed like a waste of space as we just used it for our suitcase and with hindsight - wouldn't have opted for this room type as other than a sofa, armchair - which you had to move to watch TV and a non-functional entrance hall - we didn't get a lot.
The room was modern ith all usual mod cons and comfortable bed.

Don't get me wrong - I stay away a lot and have a thing about hotels - But to relax this place was fine for a base.

We used the leisure club once and the pool is just a bit too small for the size of complex this is. Albeit the facilities were great, sauna, steam room etc.

Service overall was good and the hotel has free internet access and printing, which I thought was good. Just a few tweaks would help make this place great from being just 'good'.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4pillars, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this review, 11 August 2010
Thank you for such a constructive and honest review.
It is important to note that linen napkins in the Lakeside Brasserie are our standard.
We were recently let down by our supplier which, as you can imagine, prompted some immediate action from us. I can reassure you that when you eat tin the Lake Side Brasserie you will using linen napkins.
I am pleased that this guest had such a positive and enjoyable stay with us, and found a package to suiot there needs.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

Myself and partner stayed at the Four Pillars back in Feb for two nights half board. My partner paid as a suprise for a lakeside view suite, which felt just like an appartment. The food and service was brilliant, it may be good to know service is not included in the bill so my advice would be to tip where neccessary. The spa was very relaxing and spacious, even when kids where in as well.
Would we return, without any hesitation.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
As a hotel we aim to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience for all of our guests.
We recieve a large quantity of positive feedback and we ensure this is shared with all e staff on the floor who work so hard to provide our guests with an experience they can enjoy and ultimately find relaxation from.

yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

stayed 2 nights with our 5 year old grandaughter
1-location very good well signed from the road with in easy reach of all major roads
2-reception -lovely open plan lounge /reception/bar area / comfortable tables and chairs and plenty of them ideal for a pre or post dinner drink
3-rooms -large with patio door opening to wide decking area views of the lake and wildlife very relaxing and theraputical our grandaughter slept in a z type bed probably just about big enough but would not be suitable in another years time
nice bathrooms with easy to understand taps (some hotels are a nightmare)
4- food all round good changing menu VERY CHILD FRIENDLY on the breakfast menu was boiled eggs with soldiers clever thinking nice teracce aarea outside brasserie
5-staff all very helpful especially in the resteraunt good floor management agian something which is lacking in a number of hotels i have visited recently
6-nice spa and lesuire center traetments quite expensive but at my age not much they could do for me swimming pool good with good changing facilities only critism is a stupid rule that the kids have to go to the other side of the pool (not exactly olympic size)
when the jaccuzi in bubbling AS USUAL HEALTH AND SAFETY GONE MAD
very sociable guests and although no special organised childrens activities the children were all happy playing around the decking and grassy area
overall very good highly recommended to guests wheather in couples of families
starw bear

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.
Our guests regularly enjoy the array of facilities in the Spa, be it the hydropool, with water jets the steam room, sauna, TechnoGym equipped gymansium or the wildly popular treatments offerred (for which we advise early booking to avoid dissappointment). The pool with specific childrens times so that adults can avoid the younger crowd if they would like to swim in peace is regularly cited as a high point with the whoops and cheers of excited children in the afternoons, or the tranquil of the evenings post 6pm when kids have been moved through to dinner and bed.
We hope to provide a space that all can enjoy and if you require any information so that you can plan your days with us please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Cerney
Stonehouse Court
Stonehouse Court
#1 of 2 in Stonehouse
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to De Vere Cotswold Water Park? Share your experiences!