We stayed here for four nights during October 2010 in an apartment at the Watersmeet part of the hotel and found it very stylish and comfortable. The hotel reception, bar and restaurant are designed in a kind of open plan style, making use of lots of glass, which gives it a very modern clean feel. There is a decked area at the back which overlooks the lake, although not all rooms have views. There was a nice buzz about the reception area - mix of guests - families with young children, shooting parties, family gatherings and personnel from the adjoining military base.We ate at the boathouse pub/restaurant, which we found lovely - a deli board (priced at £9.50) ideal for sharing and snacking. Our apartment was modern, airy and warm (although probably not well equipped for a longer stay) In the apartment block there was a laundry room (free to use & free detergent - excellent!) and also a children's playroom. At the spa the swimming pool is small, but adequate - my girls particularly liked the free use of hairdryers and straighteners. The hotel is well placed for exploring the Cotswolds. Cirencester would be the nearest town - about 4 miles distant - and is a charming town, full of individual and unusual shops. The abbey is magnificent and the Roman Museum is excellent and reasonably priced. Lots of good restaurants here too.
Overall - a good place to stay and we will definitely return here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park Cotswolds/South Cerney