“Lovely B&B in beautiful village”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ebrington
Little Gidding Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Ebrington B&B and Inns
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B in beautiful village”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, made all the more special by all the little extras provided by Jenny and Tony. from tea and cakes in their beautiful garden, detailed information on places to visit, booking a table for us at the wonderful Ebrington Arms and providing a delicious breakfast and everything you could possibly need in your room, nothing was too much bother.

Many thanks, we would not hesitate to return and would highly recommend this wonderful B&B.

Andy & Corrine

Room Tip: We loved the very spacious blue room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Our visit with Little Gidding B&B was lovelier than I imagined, and I had high hopes based on the pictures and reviews. Our hosts’ generosity, gentle humor and kindness are my most enduring memories -- and I feel so very thankful!!

Arriving after a redeye flight into London, we were so thankful to be welcomed by Jenny & Tony into their home and garden. Tea and homemade chocolate cake in the flower garden was the perfect start for our stay. We were delighted by the spacious, and soothingly arranged Green Room -- which overlooked the flower garden and gently rolling pasturelands beyond. There were so many thoughtful details everywhere I looked… bathrobes, a vase with a fragrant rose from the garden, cold bottled water, and more. The private garden-side entrance added a greater feeling of ease in returning after dinner. The bed was so comfortable that we awoke refreshed, in spite of our jet lag.

Jenny & Tony have created a restful, light-feeling atmosphere throughout their home – lovely fresh flowers brightened the entryway and breakfast room. Jenny’s breakfasts were so yummy. A highlight for me was her homemade marmalade, but all of her homemade jams were so good. I also loved her rhubarb compote and stirred it into the extra-creamy yogurt. My husband enjoyed Jenny’s Full English breakfast each day. I was only a little bit venturesome the first morning with requesting the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. But, on the second morning, I tried my first ever Manx kippers. They were something like smoked trout (which I also like) and very tasty.

The B&B was perfectly situated for us with the cozy and surprisingly gourmet Ebrington Arms pub just a short walk away, and the public pathways also so close by. Tony gave us great instructions for a very pretty 3.5 mile circuit walk, and his advice to reserve dinner with the well-respected pub was also good and much appreciated. We drove into Chipping Campden for a morning stroll, and enjoyed a mix of walks and drives through charming villages further south: Stanton, Snowshill and Stanway. Going a bit north, we spent several hours in the beautiful gardens of Hidcote Manor and Kiftsgate Court.

When I asked for directions to a knitting shop (for I’d lost my cable needle in the airport), Jenny offered to pick up my needle in a neighboring town while she was out shopping. It was an extra special kindness for which I was very thankful!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After three nights in the Blue Room, we felt totally "at home" at Little Gidding. With access to a charming lounge and garden, and scrumptious breakfasts served by attentive and friendly hosts, it was better than home! The downside was that we had booked only the three nights and had to move on.

Ebrington is nicely situated for accessing a variety of attractions both in the Cotswolds and in bordering regions. The Ebrington Arms, in the village, is a delightful pub with an excellent dinner menu, and The Churchill, just minutes away, provided equally fine food. Little Gidding exceeded our expectations for a B&B with good dining nearby while providing a wonderfully quiet and relaxing base for our explorations of the Cotswolds.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Walsall
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Having two young children we didn't want to be to far away on our honeymoon so we decided on a mini-moon in the Cotswolds and then picked Little Gidding after reading the reviews on here and I am so glad we did. We stayed in the Green Room which has its own Private Entrance which is perfect when you have spent the evening at the Ebrington Arms down the road. Tony and Jenny were fantastic hosts. We were welcomed by Tony with Water/Tea and Homemade Lemon Cake in the garden. The gardens are spectacular and the view delightful. Jennys scrambled egg and smoked salmon are also worth a mention. We also used one of Tonys walks which was so easy to follow. We would go back there in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Green Room with Private Entrance
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank molemWalsall
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I do not normally write reviews, however, I felt that Little Gidding ought to be the exception as it was so fantastic. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome (with tea and home-made cake in the garden) and Tony and Jenny went out of their way to help us, from recommending places to eat and offering to make a reservation in a nearby pub, to giving fool proof instructions for a walk (we didn't have to look at a map once!). The room was spotless and extremely comfortable with beautiful views, the breakfast was delicious with something to suit every diet/taste and Tony and Jenny were perfect hosts. I would not hesitate to recommend Little Gidding.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cmanton
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Two things made this a favorite for me - one is that my husband and I love to take walks, and Tony gives you a print out of directions for various walks that you can access without getting into your car, a big plus in my book. The directions make each walk like a treasure hunt, as you follow footpaths through unfamiliar countryside. Very fun! One walk we took was over to Chipping Camden, so you can understand that the location is perfect, out of the main trafficked areas, but close enough to visit them.

The second thing that I thought was exceptional was the view from the B&B itself. The bedrooms overlook the backyard garden and rolling hills beyond that. Very quiet and peaceful.. You can sit in the garden and read or just look at the view. (The selection of books available to read there is quite broad in topics and includes local history, in case that is of interest to you. We find it fun to get to know the area we are visiting.)

Everything else, food, accommodation, etc. was as described by others, quite excellent, but these two points were my favorite things.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Been to the Cotswolds on many occasions but i have to say this is the best B&B we have stayed in. Tony & Jenny were fabulous hosts and very welcoming.
On arrival we were offered tea in the garden which was lovely. The rooms are immaculate,comfy & very spacious. Little Gidding is a great base and there is a lovely pub nearby too.
We will definately be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jayne2512
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebrington
Charingworth Manor
#1 of 28 in Chipping Campden
The Ebrington Arms
The Ebrington Arms
#1 of 5 in Ebrington

Been to Little Gidding Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!