“Smart pub in Cotswold village”

The Ebrington Arms Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ebrington
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A stunning 17th Century unspoilt Cotswold stone inn that has been independently owned for a decade by proper publicans. This pub was named 'Escape of the Year 2016 by GreenTraveller and is ranked as in the Top Ten pubs by The Telegraph newspaper. It has held 2 AA rosettes for food for six consecutive years and also won the CAMRA North Cotswold Pub of the Year Award three times (and been runner-up 4 times). There is no more beautiful setting from which to explore the Cotswold villages and nearby historic Stratford Upon Avon. There are 5 ensuite letting bedrooms that have all been refurbished to a high standard, many with rolltop baths (rated 4 stars) and each has a gorgeous countryside views of rolling hills, thatched cottages. The pub overlooks the village green and inside there are roaring fires, flagstone floors, beamed ceilings, home brewed ales and a warm welcome. Although off the beaten track, this hidden gem, once discovered, welcomes back customers time and time again. The way an unspoilt English pub should be and at The Ebrington Arms we have been welcoming travellers and locals across our flagstone floors for nearly 400 years. The pub oozes character with roaring open fires in the Winter and gorgeous countryside views and walks but the welcome remains the same for tourists and locals alike, a friendly relaxed atmosphere with some of the best food and rooms the Cotswolds has to offer.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch after visiting the nearby Hidcote Gardens. It is a very smart pub with a small car park and attractive garden area. We eat in the bar which has a huge inglenook fireplace but there are other rooms to dine in which are also very attractive. The gazpacho soup was delicious as was the wonderful home-made bread. My husband had very good chicken caesar salad. My French rose (by the glass) was very good. It certainly deserves its reputation.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I ordered the tomato salade and lamb the first time I was there. Both were delicious but the portions were really small and I was still hungry so I had to order desert. The second night I had the great fish and chips . They were soo good and huge. No need for desert that night !

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in Chipping Campden and this restuarant was recommended to us. We were very impressed with the quality of the food. The service was really good and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I am vegetarian and was very pleased with my meal which was tasty and different from the normal restuarant veggie dishes on offer. A lovely place to eat with great atmosphere and great food!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

An amazing meal last night at the Ebrington Arms. Our favourite place to eat surpassed itself again! Wonderful flavours and textures, beautifully cooked and teamed with amazing wines.

Thanks to Jim, Claire, Alex, Johnny and the rest of the team. Thoroughly recommended for eating and staying. There is nowhere around here to match this!

1  Thank Lisa A