All reviewsthe pubfish and chipschipping campdenwonderful pubhidcote gardensroast beeffor sunday lunchbeer gardenpanna cottareal alean evening mealwine listmain coursewell worth a visitcomfy bedcar parkfull english
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A couple of years since we last visited, and it has changed hands since then. However, standards have been maintained. We ate there on four consecutive nights last week. A dog friendly table close to the fire, playing dominoes. A warm, jolly atmosphere.

Food was really quite good, although we would have preferred to see more changes to the ' specials '. Essential to book one of only 3 dog friendly tables.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
mrsacotswolds, Owner at The Ebrington Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hello,
Thanks for your lovely review. Special board all changed today! Just wanted to point out that it was the same owners on both of your visits, we've been here for 7 years so we're very glad you feel standards haven't dropped at all. Thank you and hope to see you again soon. Claire

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at the Ebrington Arms in November, set in a beautiful village it was just perfect for the weekend. Our room was fabulous with a great ensuite with a large separate shower and a rolltop bath. The food was just beautiful on both evening, good beers they even brew their own. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for us, a very relaxed stay wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2013

great food and service; beers fantastic - lovely area.

Only negative was the cutlery; every meal (4nr) had very blunt knives (!) which is very frustrating as I'm sure all would agree.

****************

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We've had lunch here a few times over the past months and found the food worth going back for (have even taken friends there) but after our experience on my birthday we won't be returning.
We ordered the Cauliflower Soup, which once it arrived was very tasty and had a nice slice of crusty bread with it. My husband wasn't feeling hungry so he ordered the smoked salmon starter. I don't think I've seen a smaller plate of salmon in my life. It was accompanied by two quenelles of what I assume was crème fraiche or something creamy, he left it anyway. The salmon - all two minute pieces of it was completely flavourless. I was hungry and since it was my birthday, I ordered the Cornish Crab Risotto. It was disgusting. Firstly, it smelled bad, but I assumed maybe that's what Cornish crabs smell like. It was a brown coloured goo with no visible pieces of white meat (it was explained it all gets mushed up in the cooking - really?) It all looked like brown mushed meat and that revolting brown brain stuff inside crab shells. I tried adding salt, but after six mouthfuls I gave up and we left. The meal repeated on me for the next hour and then I threw up. I won't be returning as this time we noticed the grubby cushions in the bar area - no excuse for that, the seats are so uncomfortable - all wooden and the cushions are to fat to sit on, on the very upright seats or benches. Just doesn't make for a relaxing meal. Considering the last few times we've gone here it has been quite an expedition with all the road works around the place for many months, and our determination to get there as we expected the food and atmosphere to be good, I was very bitterly disappointed. We won't be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aussiewriter
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Four of us had Sunday lunch here today and it was simply delicious. A gorgeous old world pub in a beautiful Cotswold village...roaring fire, plates stacked high with roast meat and all the trimmings...you get the picture!
I actually had the cod in pancetta - sweet and delicious. Two of us had the slow cooked belly pork with pheasant sausage - both were stunned into complete silence by it (quite a feat!). Apparently the sausage was to die for. Finally our fourth had the roast shredded shoulder of pork - it was a magnificent mountain of food, and I suspect maybe even the best of the lot. I will definitely be having it next time we go. Four mains, two puds and and two rounds of drinks (some beer, some soft) came to just over £100. Not the cheapest Sunday lunch, but absolutely worth it. Highly recommended - we'll certainly be going back! Very busy though, so I would recommend you book.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends