We had read good reviews about this pub and the food certainly didn't let us down. We both had a roast and it was lovely. A big plate full and real roast potatoes unlike some restaurants who give you Aunty Bessie's or deep fried ones. The only criticism is we arrived having booked a table. We saw who I think was the landlord and he said "I won't be a minute". He didn't come back so we asked one of the other members of staff if our table was ready. He went and never come back. Another couple walked through the door and were immediately shown to a table! So we went looking again for someone, Eventually we were shown to a table and waited for quite a while for anyone to offer us a drink etc. The food then came quickly and was very nice. The gentleman who served us was also very pleasant. So our initial impressions weren't good as we felt completely ignored several times but the food made the trip worthwhile. It was very busy as it was a lovely sunny day so I think they were rushed off their feet. I would just suggest they could have been a but more attentive and welcoming when we first arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, unspoilt 17th century Cotswold inn with roaring log fires, stunning beer garden and famous atmosphere. Surrounded by rolling hills by Chipping Campden & Hidcote Gardens in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. CAMRA North Cotswold’s Pub of the Year award-winners 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 4 star letting rooms, and excellent homemade food (two AA rosettes, Good Food Guide, Michelin Guide). One of the few idyllic country pubs left that remain the hub of village and a hidden gem for those who find it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Ebrington Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ebrington Arms Hotel Ebrington
- The Ebrington Arms Cotswolds