We went for a last minute over nighter for my boyfriends birthday. It certainly is a beautiful pub in very idyllic and pretty village, which is just what we wanted. Our plan was to stay somewhere with a bit of luxury, enjoy good food and a few drinks with just the stairs to climb for bed. Bed was really comfy, and
bedding and views were lovely but we didn't feel it matched up to its £128 mid week 'deal' price for bed and breakfast. I've stayed in more superior accommodation for a lot less and similar for a lot less. Food and cooked breakfast were really good. One thing that bugged us, particularly my boyfriend who funded the trip which was around £200 by the time we had eaten and had drinks etc is that the landlord did not put himself out to speak to us at all, even when serving us drinks at the bar, he seemed completely disinterested in us and our custom. The rest of the staff however were superb and could not have been more
attentive. Overall, we enjoyed it but wouldn't go back at those prices to stay again, the overpriced room and snubbing by the landlord marred the experience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, unspoilt 17th century Cotswold inn with roaring log fires, stunning beer garden and famous atmosphere. Surrounded by rolling hills by Chipping Campden & Hidcote Gardens in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. CAMRA North Cotswold’s Pub of the Year award-winners 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 4 star letting rooms, and excellent homemade food (two AA rosettes, Good Food Guide, Michelin Guide). One of the few idyllic country pubs left that remain the hub of village and a hidden gem for those who find it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Ebrington Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ebrington Arms Hotel Ebrington
- The Ebrington Arms Cotswolds