The Ebrington Arms
Charingworth Manor(Chipping Campden)
US$201
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa(Chipping Campden)
US$333
Toprooms.com
Foxhill Manor(Broadway)
US$838
Chic Retreats
Redesdale Arms Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)(Great Value!)
US$220
Hotels.com
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$572
US$557
Hotwire.com
The Lygon Arms(Broadway)
US$403
US$268
White Hart Royal Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubfish and chipschipping campdenwonderful pubroast beefgreat beerhidcote gardensfor sunday lunchthree coursesan evening mealpanna cottareal alewine listmain courselovely foodwell worth a visitbeautiful village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had planned for years to seize an opportunity to stay at this pub-hotel, which looks so enticing in its photos. Finally, it came. The building looks as good in person as in the photos, and a warm welcome awaits you from the moment you enter the front door. Could not be more complimentary about hostesses Sara, Leila, and Paris. The bartenders were also sturdy and helpful, as was the man in charge of the menu and wine (Jean-Marc). Food and ambiance were so good, with warming fires in mid-October to enliven the cozy eating and drinking areas, that we ended up taking all our dinners there for all three days of our stay,along with the included gourmet-quality breakfasts. I would agree with a reviewer preceding me that all this perfection comes at a price, which did not go down much for midweek or solo occupancy (we took two rooms). Nor was it anywhere close to sold out (which could justify a high price to ration limited supply). But the food and beverages were fairly priced, and we knew in advance we'd be paying a fairly dear price for country pub accommodations, however attractively done.

The owner, Jim, was friendly to us (though we saw less of him than staff); however, my glowing post-stay email to him did not meet with a response, which would have been nice. However, I guess that's the nature of the business: you are constantly planning and executing to make new memories for new guests. Finally, I was crestfallen that the village's noted author Susan Hill had recently moved away from Ebrington; but I was able to get some good reminiscences of her from the staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were charming and, given the bucolic location of the village, quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CavalierKen
Reviewed 2 April 2014

On our arrival at this very picturesque pub I said to my wife "I could murder a Carling"
How surprised I was upon entering the pub to find only the finest artisan brewed beers. "Bugger" I retorted and we laughed - I bet the locals are up in arms about this.
We settled down by the roaring fire and ordered some tap water while my wife (who is a barrister by the way- not that should make any difference) unwrapped our cheese sandwiches. The rather surely landlord approached us with a pitchfork and insisted we should not eat our own food. I find this rather churlish in this day and age.
We stayed in room six which was nicely decorated but only had two windows and a door. Worst of all there was a toilet in the bathroom- disgusting. My wife refused to shower because of that. The kettle was made of what appeared to be stainless steel and was plugged into the mains socket- very dangerous - hello- water and electricity!!! We checked out and unfortunately found out ( if only we had known before we booked) we had to actually walk down the stairs rather than be carried by servants. On leaving I discovered I was small minded and my life was so uninteresting I had to write a bad review about a great establishment to make sure the hard working folks there felt really bad about life- like I do. Let's face it - if I had a life I wouldn't be writing this crap. Nice curtains.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank Hunterwearer
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went for a last minute over nighter for my boyfriends birthday. It certainly is a beautiful pub in very idyllic and pretty village, which is just what we wanted. Our plan was to stay somewhere with a bit of luxury, enjoy good food and a few drinks with just the stairs to climb for bed. Bed was really comfy, and
bedding and views were lovely but we didn't feel it matched up to its £128 mid week 'deal' price for bed and breakfast. I've stayed in more superior accommodation for a lot less and similar for a lot less. Food and cooked breakfast were really good. One thing that bugged us, particularly my boyfriend who funded the trip which was around £200 by the time we had eaten and had drinks etc is that the landlord did not put himself out to speak to us at all, even when serving us drinks at the bar, he seemed completely disinterested in us and our custom. The rest of the staff however were superb and could not have been more
attentive. Overall, we enjoyed it but wouldn't go back at those prices to stay again, the overpriced room and snubbing by the landlord marred the experience for us.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JoJoMu
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Husband and I spent 3 lovely nights here at Ebrington last week. To be honest, we hadn't expected it to be so rural and if you're staying here - a car is a must!! We were wondering on arrival what on earth are we going to find to do here for 3 days? However, after a good read at the travel guides and helpful tips on what to see from the locals, all was set in place for 3 fantastic 'full' days of touring and sightseeing. We stayed in room 4. Very warm and cosy with tastefully selected furnishings. Very happy with the room. Breakfast service was excellent but should be extended to 9.30 am in the week, as it is at the weekend. We ate each evening in the restaurant. The food write-ups in a national foodie magazine were what attracted us to this place. Whilst not disappointed we have a few comments which hopefully will help Ebrington Arms to continue to improve. Firstly, the 'specials' board wasn't really a 'specials' board because the exact same 3 or 4 dishes were repeated each day. It was a bit boring to be honest. On the first evening, we had the rib-eye steak. It was really good but was swimming in blood. It wasn't a true 'medium cooked' steak. I always rest my steaks for a few minutes before serving - this helps the meat to settle and stops it haemorrhaging all over the place. As we were rushing to watch the Manchester Derby (seriously we shouldn't have bothered!) we didn't comment at the time. Also the Chefs need to be careful about consistency. I had the beetroot starter on the Tuesday, which was so good I ordered it again on the Thursday but was disappointed. It was a much smaller portion than it was 2 nights earlier and there was only one walnut half in it as opposed to the earlier one which had about 3 or 4 halves. However on the whole we were pleased with the food and the local beers - so not much to moan about. Finally just a word on the staff. THEY WERE GREAT! Look out for Sara - What a gem. She was funny, hard-working and couldn't have done enough for us. Also, Sebastian. He's young, super cool, yes he's still learning the ropes but what a lovely lovely young man.

Room Tip: Room 4 is perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Comleys
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Went for Sunday lunch. Menu looked good. Food arrived in good time, but stone cold. Beef was tasty if cold but the veg was shocking !! Did mention it at courtesy check and got offered a dessert which we shared, made up for the main, although I did hear manager say to waitress she should have just offered us a coffee. Felt a little like he didn't care as was only a few feet away. The waitress did all she could as we explained when asked about the meal that we were disappointed but hungry.

It's a beautiful pub with a nice atmosphere but could do with more staff on a Sunday.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple