We went with friends who lived locally, but this was their first visit too.
Simply put this is really a restaurant with a small bar, rather than a gastro pub serving posh grub.
Everything from the welcome from attentive staff, slick waiting staff, and clearly a very talented chef in the kitchen. Someone has assembled a good team here.
The food was exquisite and you'd have been more than happy with this is a fancy London restaurant. No one wasted time taking photos of the food - it looked as good as it tasted and no one held back!
We have recommended The Ebrington Arms to many others already.
Pricing - all four had three courses and two bottles of decent red and we were in for forty quid a head - an alround bargain! In London this would have set you back another twenty quid a head.
And we hope to come back again when next in the Cotswolds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, unspoilt 17th century Cotswold inn with roaring log fires, stunning beer garden and famous atmosphere. Surrounded by rolling hills by Chipping Campden & Hidcote Gardens in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. CAMRA North Cotswold’s Pub of the Year award-winners 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 4 star letting rooms, and excellent homemade food (two AA rosettes, Good Food Guide, Michelin Guide). One of the few idyllic country pubs left that remain the hub of village and a hidden gem for those who find it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Ebrington Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ebrington Arms Hotel Ebrington
- The Ebrington Arms Cotswolds