All reviews the pub fish and chips chipping campden wonderful pub hidcote gardens roast beef for sunday lunch beer garden panna cotta real ale an evening meal wine list main course well worth a visit comfy bed car park full english
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We booked as a group for Sunday lunch because we were in the area and saw that this place had good reviews and had won 'best village inn' and now I know why, an absolute gem of a country pub! If I could give the Sunday lunch 6 stars then I would that's for sure. It's a lovely unfussy quaint place with friendly staff and dog friendly which was great to see (including a stash of treats just for doggies!). The food was absolutely F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! The parsnip and thyme soup blew us away - so fluffy and tasty - so impressed we sent our compliments to the chef who shared the ingredients and a tip on how to achieve the super light texture - heaven in bowl! The beef was cooked rare and to perfection and utterly delicious with plenty of veg and potatoes and extra gravy at our request (thanks!). Portions are fairly big and given the quality fairly priced. The whole experience was wonderful and I cannot rave enough about this place and long to return even though I'm far from local to the area! A super big thank you!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Has all the attributes that make a good country pub. Excellent choice and quality of food and friendly staff. Had booked for lunch in order to do some walking and had not realised it was the sister pub to the Killigworth Castle at Wooton Oxon, a fairly local pub to us and sometimes visited. It was nice to see local country game on the menu and all cooked superbly.
The ongoing tick boxes are totally irrelevant to this review. It is a pub! We went for lunch!
If it has rooms I do not know or care, but I wish TripAdvisor would gets its website formatting correct

Room Tip: This is not a hotel perky it is a pub.We went for lunch so may of the questions are irrelevant
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing starter, roast beef was outstanding but could have done with more veg and gravy was very watery. My partner had apple crumble for dessert but it lacked crumble so was essentially a bowl of cooked apples.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived full of hope for a wonderful experience. We left very disappointed, hungry and disillusioned. Staff totally indifferent, food mediocre. It is a pity because the place is wonderful and with very little effort and perhaps a smile could have lived up to our expectations.

2  Thank PrincessLanassa
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My partner and I enjoyed a lovely dinner here on a Saturday night. The restaurant was quite busy but the staff were on top of it. The food was amazing and quite reasonably priced (considering there aren't many other places around the area!). A great local pub feel - I wasn't disappointed!