“Very Cosy, friendly owner, very helpful.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blakeney
Old Nibley Farmhouse B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Blakeney B&B and Inns
York North yorkshire
“Very Cosy, friendly owner, very helpful.”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My partner Steve and I stayed at Old Nibbley for three nights whilst taking part in a local 53 mile walking event in the Wye Forest. Marian was more than helpful and thankfully offered us a late breakfast after the event as we didn't arrive back until early hours of the morning. Room was small, full of character and exceptionally cosy with lots beautiful tolieteries and a wonderful shower with plenty of hot water and fluffy white towels. The handmade soap was wonderful. Lovely pub serving wonderful food across the road 'The cock' was the jewel in the crown for what was a wonderful weekend.
Thank you Marian and Gary, for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Don't reckon you'd find fault in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
llanbrynmair
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at Old Nibley Farmhouse on 11th January 2012. This was my 7th or 8th visit. My special needs adult children are all based in the Forest of Dean area (one at the fabulous Taurus Crafts just up the road) so I come to visit or for reviews. I am usually on my own and it is just wonderful to know that after a very long drive and a very busy day I can crawl back to Old Nibley and know that I'll find a warm, spotlessly clean, comfortable and cosy room and Marion and Gary to welcome me! It means I can go to meetings fresh and raring to go the next day having enjoyed one of Marion's magnificent breakfasts (home-made meusli, compote, bread and often the jam too!). Her scrambled eggs are the best I've ever tasted!! I can feel safe, very cossetted and relaxed which is a God-send!

Many thanks for creating such a lovely haven! Best night's sleep I've had in a long time.

Felicity M, Wales.

Room Tip: I think I've slept in all of the rooms, over the years, and have found all of them very comfy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I didn't get to stay so I can't comment on the facilities! I had cycled over 75 miles that day and was still 5 miles from my booked accommodation. It was getting dark and I was very tired so I decided to stop early when I saw the Vacancies sign at this B&B. There was a big sign saying that cyclists were welcome. However the landlady turned her nose up at me, and said that she only had a double room. I said that was fine and that I'd pay even though there was only me, and she then said no, it was the weekend so I could only stay 2 nights not one (it was Thursday). She made it clear she just wanted me to go away, even though she knew I really needed the room and was desperate enough to pay what it took. She really was a very mean person. Thankfully the George at Lydney another 3 miles down the road welcomed me with open arms, went out of their way to keep the kitchen open for me and were generally brilliant. Go there instead!

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Liz A
chocomocco, Owner at Old Nibley Farmhouse B&B, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
I turned her away because I already had a tentative booking for that room for two nights and all my other rooms were already booked out and I had no intention of turning the other people away seeing that they had telephoned ahead, so what she said is not strictly true - perhaps I could have been a bit more forthcoming with her but she said she already had a booking at another place which was less than 5 miles away. Also it was not late evening, it wasn't even 5pm. We have many guests who pull up needing a room at the last minute and in most cases we can accommodate them but this time it was unfortunate that we could not. The place she booked but didn't stay at probably lost that night's booking and they have no recourse via a review system. The place she did stay at is a pub so it is no surprise nor special deal that the kitchen was open at that time of the evening. We are not a pub, just a B&B that has a small domestic kitchen, like most small B&Bs. My advice is if you travel during the height of the holiday season, especially very long distances in a hilly area by bike, and don't have any back up telephone numbers for accommodation with you then you may very well be turned away because they are already booked out, and in these days of mobile phones, Blackberrys, iPhones & Apps, it is much easier to find out what is available if not near a land line.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

stayed there 14th and 15th august, could not fault it, everything was spotless clean, lovely room with digital tv, on-suite large bathroom with everything you can think of there, as i only forgot my shaving foam & there was shaving gel already there. from hand made soap, razor blades, toothbrushes etc. the owners was so friendly & bent over backwards to keep us happy. breakfast was 100%, everything from muslei to full english etc. the grounds was a beautiful site with relaxing places to sit. there home made soap is like no other ive ever used & brought some from them as i was leaving. there is lots to do in a few miles radius & puzzlewood was one we really enjoyed. will never forget this amazing stay & will hope to return in the near future. gerard kirwan. gerardkirwan@hotmail.com

Room Tip: our family filled all the rooms & all was 100% beautiful
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank gerardkirwan
Knebworth
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We decided on a long-weekend on a Friday and were lucky enough to find Old Nibley. They have a nice B&B oasis right off of a fairly busy road. Upon arrival we had some concerns about the noise from the road but the secondary glazing they installed was first rate we had no sleeping problems (in spite of being very sensitive sleepers!). Miriam and Gary have done much to make the place special - the rooms and bathrooms have had a lot of attention. I cannot imagine you lacking for anything (many specialty toiletries have been choosen, or even made, by the owners). We quickly came to feel welcome in their house and took advantage of the lovely gardens each day. Breakfast was first rate. Take the time to explore the garden. We can reccomend the Cock Inn pub/restaurant which is almost across the street - a nice 'feeling' pub with good food. It is not gastro-pub (nor luckily gastro pub prices!) but it definitely above average.

Room Tip: Russian (Purple) room is nice but a bit small.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
n ireland
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Stayed with our two grown-up children and their partners. A very good base to explore Forest of Dean as well as being only half-an-hour from Gloucester and an hour and a half from Bath. Don't rely on sat-navs (!) ours confidently took us up (and down) cattle tracks and along tiny country roads (unless you really want to to that of course) Old Nibley is on the A 48! Stay on it.
marion and gary very friendly and helpful and breakfasts were very delicious. Marion makes her own bread.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed here two nights with my girlfriend. This place is cosy, characterful (is that a word?) and as welcoming as you could ever find. Our room was on the top floor in the eaves of the house and felt like a nice little flat, with sofa, reading area, CD and radio, tea making area, lots of cupboards, etc etc. The decoration was great, with Moroccan touches here and there but lots and lots of old cottage character, which was great. The bullding itself is beautiful. The attention to detail was great, and meant we could stay there happily all day if we wanted: nice toiletries, handmade soaps, a massive range of tea and coffee provided free, milk provided for you fridge, etc.

The hosts provide a neat little book with virtually everything you could want to know about the B&B and the area, with detailed tips on where to eat, drink, what to see, masses of local history, cultural info about the area etc. This was a pretty good read in its own right and it's obvious they know and love the area deeply.

In general, they could hardly have been more helpful. They gave tips on where to eat at difficult times, what was good to see, where to get stuff etc. I borrowed one of their books, they printed us out maps when needed etc. And they have lovely friendly cats.

The only possible downsides of our rooms were tiny, really, in that if you were very tall you might bump your head on the eaves, and in the winter that top room might not be the warmest.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to Old Nibley Farmhouse B&B? Share your experiences!