“Wonderful place”
Review of Windy Ridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longborough
Windy Ridge House
Ranked #2 of 2 Longborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Have just returned from a two night stay at Windy Ridge. Nick and his staff were very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. The house is beautiful and it's a pity the weather was so bad as we would have loved to explore the grounds. No shortage of food and choices for breakfast. Will definitely return

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Windy Ridge is a beautiful B&B in an ideal location to enjoy all that the Cotswold's has to offer. Our room, Desmet, was superb with fabulous views out every window, great closets for storage and all the amenities any one could wish for. Nick Williams, the owner, presents himself in an extremely personable way and immediately makes you feel at home. His staff regard him highly and will do anything to make your stay better, such as getting face towels for those of us who like to use them. The breakfast is as good as it gets--too much for anyone wishing to keep their waist line!!

Walking 8-10 miles every day for 5 days over the many trails, only to return to Windy Ridge for a great night's sleep in an extremely quiet and safe environment has us keen to return ASAP. We can only hope that Nick looks after himself to be able to continue to do what he does SO Well.

With much appreciation for personalized service,
Margie and Gerry Sparkes
New Brunswick, Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I recently made by first trip to England and searched long and hard to find just the right place for 3 nights in the Cotswolds. I was not disappointed! Nick and his team made me feel very welcome. The property is lovely. The custom breakfasts (full English breakfast vs. something special tailored just to you) was greatly appreciated. I also enjoyed meeting and visiting with other guests in the family room. The grounds are lovely. I was present in mid-September and was able to catch just the last few days of summer. Nick is also great at pointing guests to restaurants in nearby villages. You won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was the daughter treating my mother to this 3 day break for her special 70th birthday. It took me ages to find just the right place..and I couldn't have chosen anywhere more perfect. Being able to laze around the pool with our picnic and Pimms was truly perfect. I know that Nick didn't organise the red arrows flypast (or did he!!!). My mother has said it all - but I would just like to add that I will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter treated us to A 3 DAY BREAK at Windy Ridge and what a treat!! Nick is the most perfect host, the house is truly wonderful set in the most beautiful gardens and we were made to feel so welcome. The breakfast was so beautifully served, with everything you could possibly wish for from fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, croissants, toast to the traditional full English breakfast. We made good use of the lovely pool and the kitchen area was such a bonus to keep any food and drink in. I would recommend Windy Ridge to anybody, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Thank you Nick for your warm welcome and making us feel at home. The little touches were very appreciated and the breakfasts were outstanding (even though they were cooked by a Kiwi!!). The gardens are lovely and the pool was much needed in this hot summer weather. I definitely recommend Windy Ridge as a base to explore the beautiful countryside!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were attending the Wagner Ring Cycle at Longborough Festival Opera so were attracted to the Windy Ridge claim of being only a few minutes walk away.
You are made welcome right from the start with Nick Williams phoning me to discuss my booking enquiry and immediately fitting us in to the dates we required. Then another call a few days before we arrived to discuss our requirements; and then Nick met us when we pulled up on our first day to give us the guided tour.
Windy Ridge House has four rooms - ours had a separate bathroom across the corridor - which I had thought might be a disadvantage, but it was for our own use, and meant that whichever of us was using it didn't disturb the other, as can happen with en-suites.The shower was a hand-held one in the bath - not the best but it was manageable.
Breakfasts were at a fixed time with the other guests - all attending the Wagner so we had plenty in common to discuss. And the breakfast menu is plentiful - you need to choose your menus the day beforehand.
The whole house was built in 'traditional' style, with panelling, portraits, nice rooms (though the armchairs in the communal living room are a little too low for good back posture!). It has lovely gardens and grounds, a wonderful arboretum for my pre-breakfast walks, and is just a short walk to the opera grounds, the village and local pubs. And of course the wonderful surrounding villages of Cotswold stone.
This was a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All four rooms seemed perfectly acceptable. You might ask if you are getting en-suite or separate (b...