“Beautiful B&B”
Review of Windy Ridge House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longborough
Windy Ridge House
Ranked #1 of 2 Longborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend, and we both loved it. Nick, the owner, welcomed us and we immediately felt at home. He was available when we wanted to chat about the area or to suggest where to go for dinner, but wasn't overbearing. The house was beautiful, full of interesting trinkets and pieces of art. We stayed in a room with an ensuite bathroom, which looked out onto a pretty garden, with lots of hydrangeas. It was a very relaxing place to stay.

We ate breakfast in the garden room with the other guests, and it was freshly cooked and delicious. There is a good choice of breakfast available, from cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts, to full English breakfasts, with juices or tea/ coffee. There was an evening room, with a choice of DVDs, board games, magazines and an 'honesty' bar, which we enjoyed sitting in after a day of long walks!

The grounds are immaculate, and worth exploring. There is an arboretum just across the road that is also part of the property.

I would highly recommend this B&B if you are looking for a relaxing breaking the stunning Cotswolds. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Windy ridge is one of those rare places that will long stay in your memory. The place is situated in a charming costwolds village. The house is so lovely, made out of creamy coloured stone with a variety of creepers covering the walls. The interior has a period feel with lots of wonderful antique furniture, paintings, collectibles etc, truly atmospheric and very homely and comfortable. The beds are the most comfortable I've slept in in such a long time. The owner nick is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel at home, also his boxer dog taxi never fails to capture your attention. Another highlight are the wonderful English breakfasts prepared each morning, so filling! Also the cabinet of alcohol provided for guest use is comprehensive and allows you have something to accompany those tasty Cotswold cheeses on an evening in the living room. The grounds themselves are wonderful for a stroll and well maintained. I can't speak highly enough of this place, if I ever get half an opportunity to return here I will. The only criticism I have is the B&B is very poorly signposted from the road, in fact it's quite tricky to find if you don't have a sat nav and your phone has gone flat (happened to us) but such a trivial matter, if your new to England or a long term resident and looking for a genuine and authentic stay in charming period house in. The countryside, this is the place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Have just returned from a two night stay at Windy Ridge. Nick and his staff were very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. The house is beautiful and it's a pity the weather was so bad as we would have loved to explore the grounds. No shortage of food and choices for breakfast. Will definitely return

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Windy Ridge is a beautiful B&B in an ideal location to enjoy all that the Cotswold's has to offer. Our room, Desmet, was superb with fabulous views out every window, great closets for storage and all the amenities any one could wish for. Nick Williams, the owner, presents himself in an extremely personable way and immediately makes you feel at home. His staff regard him highly and will do anything to make your stay better, such as getting face towels for those of us who like to use them. The breakfast is as good as it gets--too much for anyone wishing to keep their waist line!!

Walking 8-10 miles every day for 5 days over the many trails, only to return to Windy Ridge for a great night's sleep in an extremely quiet and safe environment has us keen to return ASAP. We can only hope that Nick looks after himself to be able to continue to do what he does SO Well.

With much appreciation for personalized service,
Margie and Gerry Sparkes
New Brunswick, Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I recently made by first trip to England and searched long and hard to find just the right place for 3 nights in the Cotswolds. I was not disappointed! Nick and his team made me feel very welcome. The property is lovely. The custom breakfasts (full English breakfast vs. something special tailored just to you) was greatly appreciated. I also enjoyed meeting and visiting with other guests in the family room. The grounds are lovely. I was present in mid-September and was able to catch just the last few days of summer. Nick is also great at pointing guests to restaurants in nearby villages. You won't be disappointed here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was the daughter treating my mother to this 3 day break for her special 70th birthday. It took me ages to find just the right place..and I couldn't have chosen anywhere more perfect. Being able to laze around the pool with our picnic and Pimms was truly perfect. I know that Nick didn't organise the red arrows flypast (or did he!!!). My mother has said it all - but I would just like to add that I will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter treated us to A 3 DAY BREAK at Windy Ridge and what a treat!! Nick is the most perfect host, the house is truly wonderful set in the most beautiful gardens and we were made to feel so welcome. The breakfast was so beautifully served, with everything you could possibly wish for from fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, croissants, toast to the traditional full English breakfast. We made good use of the lovely pool and the kitchen area was such a bonus to keep any food and drink in. I would recommend Windy Ridge to anybody, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longborough
White Hart Royal Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bourton-on-the-Hill
Coach & Horses Inn
Coach & Horses Inn
#2 of 2 in Longborough

Been to Windy Ridge House? Share your experiences!