“Still as good as ever!”
Review of CUCINA DI AMALFI

CUCINA DI AMALFI
Price range: £1 - £30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Italian bottega in the heart of Cotswolds offering fresh homemade traditional Italian dishes for breakfast lunch and brunch to eat in and take away.
Reviewed 27 February 2024 via mobile

Having frequented this cafe in Minchinhampton when it was called The Kitchen and run by the wonderful Assumpta we were reticent to return now she has sold up n retired but my old school friend was visiting with her husband n wanted to return to Minch whilst with us.

We booked for lunch and on arrival, whilst it wasn’t busy on a Wednesday lunchtime, we were greeted by the new wonderful hostess - Sylvia. What a lovely lady, so friendly and chatty with a beautiful genuine Italian accent.
The cafe started to fill up after our arrival.

The cake display was great n she happily explained each one to us. We all ordered sandwiches or paninis with coffee n cake to follow. The food was delicious, well presented n filling n the cakes were yummy!
We will definitely return.

3  Thank amidlifeadventure

Reviewed 23 February 2024 via mobile

Booked for afternoon tea for my mother's 80th birthday and couldn't have had a better experience.
Food was delicious, plentiful and a wide choice of fillings on sandwiches and Sylvia proved to be the perfect host.
She treated us like old friends and made a real fuss of my mother and nephew ensuring we had an absolutely delightful afternoon.
Would recommend to anyone.

4  Thank juliansT7423UU
Reviewed 19 February 2024

My retirement lunch could not have been improved in any way. Our food was as recommended by Sylvia and as delicious as she described it. Her warmth and goodwill enhanced the experience many fold. We will be back.

4  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 8 February 2024 via mobile

I came whilst waiting for my car to be repaired a few days ago and had some breakfast here, the food was delicious but the service really stood out to me. I was served by a lovely and kind lady who spoke to me whilst i was alone, you are not often met by such warm people when going for food nowadays :)

4  Thank Ellie A
Reviewed 2 February 2024

What an amazing place, went there with my work colleagues for lunch. We didn’t book a table and Silvia was very kind to squeeze us in as it was a very busy day for the cafe! The food is amazing, especially the Lamb shank, so much attention to details on each plate ( I kept looking over at other tables and what their food looks like - one word - DELISH). Service was so friendly and professional, something that many places lack. Will be back, highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: January 2024