“Love the 2 in 1 pie!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I just love their 2 in 1 pie, didn't eat anything else both times I've been there... Already tried 3 of their fillings and didn't get disappointed...

Recommend staying on the ground floor so you don't need to go up and down the stairs every time you need something (the ser

For me it is a must go whenever visiting the area...

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited this pub after numerous recommendations from friends, only to be sorely disappointed...
As many reviews state, the pies, (whilst I'm informed by hubby are excellent) are sadly lacking in any accompaniment. Even a nod towards a chip or two would be appreciated.
My ham egg and chips were fairly sparse, with two slices of ham and, undercooked cold duck eggs. However, the chips were above average.
The staff seemed dismissive and unwelcoming, (again a comment left by others) perhaps distracted by the overbearing presence of noisy regulars and a very smoky fire. I fully appreciate that our table was booked on the same day as we ate, but I would rather be told there was no table than be sat in the bar, crushed into a corner listening to loud, pretentious conversation which made us both feel very uncomfortable.
Sadly, we won’t be back…

3  Thank Manta1202
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

If you are glutton,please go for 2 in 1 pie. I could just have a mini one which still barely leave me some space for dessert. I found the turkey trimming one the best! The dessert is another must have item. The treacle sponge is accompanied with rich creamy clotted cream. Hardly move after this big dinner.

1  Thank Zan S
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Had been looking forward to eating here with friends but would of been better of staying home and cooking ourselves . very overpriced for what was supposed to be the signature dish (2 in 1 ) pie and pudding seemed to be straight from the microwave.

1  Thank Atyth
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We used to enjoy their 2 in 1 pies, a speciality of the Weighbridge Inn. The last time we ate here we were squeezed on to a small table for four, with people pushing past to get to the tiny bar. The pies, which used to be great value for money, are really quite expensive now. The fillings did not appear to be home-made, and the cauliflower cheese lacked the cheddar flavour of old. After raving about it to our friends I feel very disappointed as it appears that diners are now taken for granted and the uniqueness of their signature dish has been diminished. In common with so many restaurants I fear that flavour and quality have been sacrificed on the altar of economy.

2  Thank Barry P