“Wouldn't feed it to my dog”
Review of The Crown Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Crown Inn
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Worst Sunday lunch I have ever had. Meat (cheap cuts) tasted of chemicals, veg either tinned or frozen, roast potatoes from a packet, powdered gravy. Poor decor. Such a shame ... Lovely location and nice enough staff. The chef/landlord letting everyone down.

3  Thank afb34

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was once a beautiful village pub, that was friendly, clean and the centre of village life. My family lived 50 yards away in Parsonage Court and my cousins just around the corner in Tetbury Street so over the years I have known the place at its best and now at its worse. I recently returned to the village for my uncle's funeral at the nearby church, and popped in more out of curiosity than necessity. Well what a disappointment! The standards seem to have slipped badly and now there appears to be an air of apathy, and distinct lack of customer service.

5  Thank geronimo1049
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It was Saturday night. From the outisde it looked a welcoming pub restaurant, the only one in the town. We'd travelled all day, so wanted somewhere convenient to walk to from our rented cottage. There was no one else in the lounge bar when we arrived and that should have been the tell tale sign. We chose the evening special of a lamb shank and chicken caesar salad. Each meal lacked quantity and looked unappetising, dry and lukewarm. You could see the waiter (barman) finger prints on the black plates. Perhaps we were too English and didn't complain or refuse to pay. The couple on the next table were unhappy with their meal too. When we left there was just one table in use and the rest of the pub was empty. The meal was the one disappointing mark on a lovely holiday in Minch.

3  Thank love_britain49
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Thought we were safe with fish and chips but not in this place. I have never had such disgusting chips, pure grease and over cooked.No apology when we complained. The couple on the next table were also unable to eat their meal.

6  Thank darleen548
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The food (in particular Sunday roasts) can be very good but I find the pub very tatty.

A run down pub with OK staff; nothing special!

5  Thank Canadian-in-Blighty