Sun Club El Dorado
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Best Delta(Puig de Ros)
Cap Rocat(Cala Blava)
Finca Gomera(Llucmajor)
  • Restaurant
Manaus(El Arenal)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mix Alea(El Arenal)
1,650 results
All reviewssea view bungalowcrazy golfmiddle poolanimation teammini golflower poolgreat holidaybar stafftennis courtsclimbing wallkids clubregular bus servicemain barice creamsaladrooms are very basicevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Travelled to Tolleric as solo, from 7-14 June 2014. Bad start as arrived 5 hrs late (thank you Monarch), and was shown into a room a stones throw from Reception backing on to the parking spaces for cars. It was apparently a standard (B) room. The night porter told me (unprompted) that if I didn't like the room I should change it the following morning. When I awoke I realised why he was already anticipating that request, as the room was very basic, but more importantly the door opened out on to a tiny courtyard, walls on 3 sides, without anything to sell it to me. I presented myself to Reception at 8am. I requested a change, asking for at least a bit of open space. Initially I was offered a larger room, which at some point had a kitchen area (fully removed, just an open space??) with 3 beds, at 10 euros extra per night. I did not need the increased room space or the added expense so asked if I could have another Standard B room, elsewhere on the complex? I had taken a walk around, and there were obvious unoccupied rooms, and I was offered 50B. This was a very nice location, looking out towards the main pool area and central bar/disco/dive shop. The room itself was a small twin, 10m2, with a tiny bathroom (half bath with shower over: excellent showere!!). The two single beds were slatted based, both beds had broken slats, one sank considerably when I sat at the bottom. A safe was available in the wardrobe, which I did not use (contrary to the warning about theft with violence!!!), I kept anything valuable locked into my suitcase. No air conditioning. but if you keep the curtains closed during the day it was bearable at night. The restaurant was clean, the food was good and plentiful. Staff were helpful and cheerful, especially the entertainment personnel. Pools were cool but again, once inside it was pleasant. Main pool was very busy, and loud music/activities from 11.00am-6pm. The middle pool was quieter, with radio music in background and horse smells from the stabling adjacent to it. Snacks were available at this pool at lunchtime, and I understand the upper pool area will have an operational bar/snack area from this week (16th June). The upper pool had no sunshade of any form. Only for the die-hard tanners. There's a lot of activities to participate in, although to be honest I was just looking to chill with a book and some personal music.

There were a lot of family groups, with young children, from France, Germany and UK. Plus a few elderly couples, which was a surprise as the whole complex is on a hillside with fairly steep elevations from the bottom pool to the top. Plan well and avoid too many trips back to the room.

I took the 360 steps down to the shore, honestly thought I would never get back up! Not to be done without a bottle of water. Unfortunately it was not a safe set of steps, several banisters were broken off. There is a warning sign at the top. And when you reach the bottom, it's not possible to safely enter the water unless it's high tide. Be wary...

There's a good bus service from the top of the complex to Arenal and Palma. Arenal was only 4 euros return, and worth a trip to the beach, which was lovely. The nearest large supermarket was about halfway between Sun Club and Arenal, in Marjoris. I walked there one morning, across the scrubland and through some local housing. Took almost 2 hours. Taxi back was 8 euros.

Small supermarket/gift shop on site, as well as a laundry, a gym, activity reservation area and a postal area where you can buy a newspaper/postcards/stamps etc.

I can see that this hotel complex is very suitable for families on a budget. The children were very well catered for, which of course keeps the parents happy. I would not suggest this location for couples or larger single sex groups. It's simply too remote.

I had fantastic weather, and in that respect I achieved what I wanted from the holiday, which was to just relax and spend some down time in the sun.

Room Tip: Standard rooms (B), choose a number between 40 and 60, or low tens which are right down close to cliff. TAKE EARPLUGS Some studios at the top of the site have A/C.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sosdrive
SimonVHolsbeke, Quality responsible at Sun Club El Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your very extensive review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. If future guests are not happy with their room and there is availability upon their arrival we offer the possibility to upgrade with a supplement.Future guests do not need to worry about thefts with violence, the reviewer is only referring to our information leaflet where we transparantly put that our safety deposit boxes are insured up to 500€ for a theft with violence. To be clear we haven't had a theft with violence in our hotel. But as almost all hotels we do advise our guests to rent a safety deposit box to store their valuables. Our lower pool is our entertainment pool and does indeed have a lot of activities and music during the entertainment hours. For future guests who like to have a non animated time, we have our middle pool next to bar Barco or at the top of our resort we have our relax/family pool with a big chidrens section and Bar 'La cabaña' open from 16th of June till the 14th of September. The acces to the sea is a public acces and not under the responsability of the club also the maintenance is public responsability, this is why we have put a A3 warning in all languages that we do not recommend the use of the acces for children and people with mobility difficulties.
We are indeed a family orientaded resort. we hope to see you next year in our resort for a second stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have just returned from a 2nd visit to Sun Club for my birthday and again loved every minute of it and can't thank everyone enough for the brilliant time I had and made my birthday the best one I've had, especially when I had happy birthday sung 3 times to me during the day, in the disco, by the pool and at the night entertainment it nearly made me cry.
I went as a solo traveler last time and this time returned with my parents who're 59 and 61 and we upgraded to a superior sea view room, which was amazing for the views especially at sunset and sunrise and getting to watch the boats bobbing on the water and the cruise boats going into palma. The room was the same size as I had last time and was suitable for us. hadn't been renovated yet but we didn't need a TV, but aircon would've been good. We were in bungalow 8, The only thing I can mention about it in a bad way were the bin bags piled outside the back of it with the spare chairs, there wasn't a smell coming out of them so unsure what was in them. We were next to the entertainment section so could hear the music, but apart from the 1st night when some people forgot to close the nightclub door, it wasn't a problem.
The horseriding has gone up from 7 to 10 euros but still worth the money and for the experience you have it's still a bargain. Florence was brilliant and the horses were a tribute to how much hard work she does with them, especially the new pony Romeo and look forward to going back and riding again and seeing his progress.
As I've reviewed before about other things such as the food I won't go into this again, but will add there's still no signs indicating the vegetarian options and I agree it isn't expected and in a different country, but more options would be great, not as on one night when I asked what the option was and had the side vegetables pointed at, they guy in there did his best to help me. What food was available to me was brilliant though especially the cakes.
Lastly the animation team are one of the best things about the hotel and make it the place it is. They can't work any harder and dedicated to their job and making guests stay as good as possible. The options are expansive and didn't have time to fit in everything but got to try my hand at a lot of things even if I only won twice and everyone feels involved. The night entertainment, led by the excellent William and Joaquim (Michael Flatley - see the pirate show). I got to see 2 new shows I missed last year and an outside show which was good but I've been to china and seen the real acrobats so this will always be different. The bar and quiet lounge have both benefited from the renovations and the more space is always a bonus. The outside space near the pool has also been improved and the toilets upgraded too and are better. The bar at the top pool due to open next week looks like it will help.
The size of the rooms and slopes are clearly described for the accomodation and can only recommend to check this before going and book a room suitable to the size of your party and if you have walking problems, consider before booking, My dad is diabetic and has arthritis but he managed it, even if he had to stop and talk to the budgies in the aviary part of the way up.
Can't wait to back in October which will my 3rd stay in 12 months. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: go for the upgrade or studios
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jillsbkansas2

Thank you for your extensive review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your second holiday at our resort. With every meal we have a salad buffet and 2 hot vegetable options, 1 type of fish on showcooking and 1 prepared fish dish for vegetarians but we don't have a buffet especially for vegetarians.If informed we always try to do something special for special occasions in our hotel, we are happy you enjoyed it. The bin bags are bags with laundry waiting to be picked up by our cleaning staff to be taken to the laundry room. We will pass on your compliments to Florence, William, Joachim and the rest from the entertainment team to motivate them to keep doing an excelent job with future guests. It is true that due to the size of our facilities and the different levels, our resort is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
We will warmly welcome you back at our resort for your third stay in 12 months

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went for a week in april with my partner, already booked to go back for 2 weeks in September. Amazing complex with lovely rooms, great food, top entertainment. Cant wait to go back :) definitely a must go.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leah B

Thank you very much for your short review.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us that much and will warmly welcome you back in September.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Me and my partner went to club eldorado for 11 nights from the 12th of May. Firstly, I must say we had a great time.

location : a small village on a site with cliff views. No beach, but stunning views. 200 ft cliff 395 stone steps to the sea. The complex is located in Tolleric, a small sea side village. A five minute walk to the bus stop from the complex. The buses are great, 4.20 euros for two people into Arenal. There is a time table for the buses in reception. Arenal is 14 Kilometers from Tolleric. Arenal is expensive but has a lovely sandy beach. Look around though and you will find reasonable prices in Arenal, but shop around. Arenal is a beautiful place, not too commercial.

Sun club elderado accommodation: The chalets are ok, but we were given a B chalet and our views were extremely limited, eg a brick wall, but the room was adequate for our needs but advise you take a travel kettle, a cup and some tea bags and coffee, also no television so take a lap top and a small portable cd player. I would also pay that bit extra and have a sea view, with some of the best chalets over looking the sea at chalet 61 to chalet 70. Don't get a B chalet. Unless you aint bothered about your view.

The complex entertainment: There was always entertainment on the go each afternoon and evening, with the entertainment crew working their socks off. I thought most of it was a bit naff, but that is me. However the Michael Jackson night was brilliant. There was a bit of homophobia in the Pirate show. I didn't like that at all. There was a lot of English people there, so we had plenty of people to chat to.

Food and Drinks: I thought this area was really really good. Only one snag, we went out for the day and arrived back at 21.10, the restaurant area was closed and in our brochure it said the food was available until 21.30 but the new brochure said 2100. so check this out, but I blame my other half for staying away too long. The alcoholic drinks were great, and they would mix you cocktails too. My partner said the lager was naff, but well, he is a yorkshireman who likes his pint of Johnsmiths. The food was great, and I am fairly fussy when it comes to food, but my fella would eat a buttered brick. breakfast, lunch and dinner had loads of choice. I can't praise this area too much. Ok the drinks are in those little plastic cups but hey, so what.

accommodation: clean towels regularly, beds linen not changed too often, but who cares.

Staff were so lovely and friendly.

Tips: take a travel kettle, tea and coffee and some music for the room. don't go too early for meals as there are queues, put two tea bags in a cup and get yer milk from the cereal counter. Fill up your bottles with water at the water buts in the restaurant. If you are going out for the day, make yourself some sandwiches in the restaurant, they are ok with this. In the disco you have to pay silly prices for drinks after 2300 onwards so don't bother with that, There is an English bar in Arenal with reasonable prices and check the last bus, I think it is just before midnight and the taxis are expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea B
SimonVHolsbeke, Quality responsible at Sun Club El Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your extensive and detailed review.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Most of our reviewers find our evening entertainment very good, we are sorry you didn't experience it this way. We are also sorry you found our pirate show homophobic, in our hotel we have all kinds of people and we respect all people of all kinds and all types of sexual orientation, we have sketches in our shows about all nationalities and all types of people but none of them are meant offensive to anyone. Normally we get quite good comments about our beer but it is local lager and we apologize it wasn't to the taste of your husband.
According to spanish law is strictly forbidden to take food out of the restaurant and at the entrance of the restaurant the are warnings not to take food out of the restaurant. We advise future guests not to make sandwiches but leave all food coming from the restaurant inside the restaurant concerning health and safety risks.
We hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the following year.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Having read some poor reviews on here we were quite worried about the holiday however we really didnt need to worry , the resort was amazing , wonderful views , very clean , the food was plentiful and tasty with a wide variety something for everyone ! The staff particularly the entertainment team were friendly and worked hard to ensure everyone was happy , very well organised , had a brilliant holiday will definitely be returning could not have asked for anything more from our holiday .

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Leanne0802

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I will pass on your review to all our staff and especially to our entertainment team to motivate them to keep working hard for future guests.
We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome back later this year our next year in our resort for another value for money holiday.